Gerry Castles

Vidar6

very rarely am i lost for words, but this morning...........:(

R.I.P Gerry

you'll be missed even by those of us who have never had the pleasure of your company.

Our thoughts and sympathies go out to his family.

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though I never met him, I felt I knew him from the forums. Words are so inadequate at a time like this. Like so many others I hope he's sitting at some heavenly pool casting a line.

Ferox are more than Mythical. www.darkmileferox.co.uk

Such sad news. Although I never met Gerry, like others on the forum I enjoyed reading his posts and feel I new him well. My thoughts go out to his family at this very emotional time.

Rest in peace Gerry.

Andy

I haven't been on the forum for a long time now and i'm very sad to hear this. I fished with Gerry down on the Itchen back in early 2005 at an Anglers' Net fish in.

:(

Rest in Peace Gerry.

James

Although I live in Oz, Gerry tried to help me when I was chasing an item of tackle which, at that time, was unobtainable here. Not only did he send me a couple of e-mails he also 'phoned my wife who was holidaying in the UK at the time. It was the only contact I had with him, but I always enjoyed his posts at this site. His demise will be a great loss to Angler's Net.

My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

I never met him but really enjoyed livley debates on here with him. he came across through his posts as a decent honourable man who had principles and i for one will really miss him. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

When I first came here I received a lot of help from Gerry who provided sound advice no matter what angling mess I had got myself into! He was always kind and patient, a thoroughly decent man who will be sorely missed in our community.

RIP Argyll.