Gerry Castles

Vidar6

I REALLY don't want to shut this thread, so can everyone take a breather and get it back to how it should be, please?

Thanks in advance,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you will know that Gerry and I had our differences, but for all that I regarded him as a friend, he was a welcome visitor on my local Broad. If people should wish to celebrate his life by organising a fish-in, lure match, riverside bench, or whatever, then I, for one, will be pleased to see him remembered, pleased to be reminded of him. I think that he would be quietly flattered that folk do want to remember him. Better to be remembered than forgotten.

Simon, I don't believe that you have anything to apologise for, your's was a good idea, a nice gesture.

I hope that we can leave it at that.

Edited by Peter Waller

Thanks for removing your posts Charlie.We have often not seen eye to eye in the past but I know Gerry spoke highly of you.What you have just done has gained more repect from me than any of your fishing achievments.

Boozlebear,Simon lets just put this down to the strength of feeling that surrounds Gerry and call it quits?

May I also ask if everyone is in agreement that all of these posts after Simons first (which was obviously made in the best of intentions) could be deleted by a moderator? just would like it to be put back tidy if you kow what I mean?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I have sat back and kept quiet but I can't anymore. One of the last things Gerry ever said to me was how much he enjoyed getting stuck into a 'good debate'!! I think he is probably up there feeling miffed he can't get involved in this one.

I will say though that he did have a lot of friends on here who 'will' see him remembered as we have other frinds from this forum. As a friend of his I know he would have been honoured to have us remember him in some way with a bench or what ever. As far as I can tell it is only the minority that don't want this.

One of the last things I said to Gerry when I saw him a few days before he died is that I can't be arsed to get into 'debates' so that is my final word

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!