Gerry Castles

Vidar6

Peter, Budgie

Sorry you won't be able to make it - I'm sure that there will be a few group get-togethers for Gerry in the months to come - maybe see you then?

Barry

Definitely. There are very few people who sum up what those of us involved in running this site think that the ethos of Anglers' Net is. Gerry was most definitely one of them. I think I speak for Budgie and a few others when I say that we'd pull out all the stops to get together to honour Gerry.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree it was a sad day, the Minister made me so cross I was able to keep it together during the service. I can't believe that she knew nothing about Gerry only that he was a fisherman and had a lot of friends. I'm sorry but she 'waffled' her way through the service. I said goodbye from all on here and knew he was laughing his head off as I hurried out of the cemetry with darkness falling and knowing the gates were being locked at 4 and the service ended after 4! :headhurt::lol:

When I arrived I was told it was a 10min walk to the crem through the cemetry, I tell you I must have been out of there in 3 mins flat!! :lol:

I know Gerry would have seen the funny side of the service, it was put together so nicely, just spoilt by this woman! (in my opinion)

Gerry rest in peace & tight lines

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

I think we drove past you in the navy blue Galaxy as you were walking up the hill to the chapel.

The service was short and simple, the truth was most of us knew very little about Gerry and his life away from fishing, even those who lived a lot closer and saw a lot more of him like Vidar and Fay, Trev and Josie, Barry and Linda, Harold etc.

He certainly was a unique character, he was also a very private sort of guy and some of us have found out a lot more about him in the few short weeks since he died than we ever got to know from our occasional bankside meetings over the years.

Both Trevor Salmon and Minister Joan Drury highlighted friendships forged through fishing.

The way people have rallied round to support his dad and help him sort out all the dreadful things which need to be done at a time like this really proves the point.

Chris it shows on here just how much Gerry was liked with the amount of posts on this thread alone. Gerry was very much like me in that we don't ask personal questions but are good listeners when needed. In the years I have known him I didn't even know if he was married. I must admit it has been over the last 6 months or so since he has been ill that we have soken in person far more.

Please don't get me wrong about the service, you only get 30mins as a rule, I know because of planing my fathers last year. I was just surprised at the way the Minister waffled on so much, maybe it was just me.

Gerry was a great guy and I shall miss him to bits. My biggest regret was not making our Thames fsihing trip together, that was due to my fathers illness then Gerrys. At least I saw him a few days before he died so that, at least I shall never regret.

lyn

Im glad all went well.Sorry I couldnt make it but I just didnt feel up to it.It has been in my mind most of the day.The most important thing is that Gerry unlike so many others wont be forgotten.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

It was not the best speech I've heard, but saying that the vicar was very respectful, kind, understanding and comforting towards Jeremiah (Gerry’s dad) from the minute he meet her for the first time.

Jeremiah was very happy with her, and to be honest that's all that counts :):)

It was not the best speech I've heard, but saying that the vicar was very respectful, kind, understanding and comforting towards Jeremiah (Gerry’s dad) from the minute he meet her for the first time.

Jeremiah was very happy with her, and to be honest that's all that counts :):)

I couldn't agree more and I am glad he was happy with it. I am not trying to offend anyone it was merely an observation. I should have kept my thoughts to myself. I did say that the service was so very well put together.

lyn

Trevor Salmon has now listed some of Gerry's tackle on ebay, and there will be more to follow. Search for items with "argyll" in the title (under sporting goods) or look at Trev's items for sale - his ebay id is: deepinvader

All proceeds will go to Gerry's estate and ultimately his father.

Edited by Vidar6