wednesday match

stuchef

fish my match today on the grand union canal at broughton i ended up with 2lb 8oz came mid way overall winning weight was 5lb 10oz my section was a 5lb and a 4lb both the end pegs then every1 else had 2lb something so close really 1 bream came out that was from the winning weight overall few skimmers but mainly very small roach 1/2 oz if not less i probably had over 60 fish so i was catching most the day lost a couple of bigger skimmers pushing the 8oz mark. i was mixing my hook bait all day i would catch on pinkie then had to change to single maggot then onto squat the fish were just getting weary of the baits i was using the people who caught the bigger weights were fishing chopped worm which i opted not to take (idiot) and they were htting into the shoals of skimmers.

anyway just thought id let u know for the people who are interested next month is goin to seperate the men from the boys goin to get cold so on to the bread punch shivering in the icy weather

all the best

tight lines

fish my match today on the grand union canal at broughton i ended up with 2lb 8oz came mid way overall winning weight was 5lb 10oz my section was a 5lb and a 4lb both the end pegs then every1 else had 2lb something so close really 1 bream came out that was from the winning weight overall few skimmers but mainly very small roach 1/2 oz if not less i probably had over 60 fish so i was catching most the day lost a couple of bigger skimmers pushing the 8oz mark. i was mixing my hook bait all day i would catch on pinkie then had to change to single maggot then onto squat the fish were just getting weary of the baits i was using the people who caught the bigger weights were fishing chopped worm which i opted not to take (idiot) and they were htting into the shoals of skimmers.

anyway just thought id let u know for the people who are interested next month is goin to seperate the men from the boys goin to get cold so on to the bread punch shivering in the icy weather

all the best

Glad to hear you had a good day, at least you were catching most of the day. Were you fishing over a bed of hemp ???

Yogi. :)

Take nothing but photo's.

Leave nothing but footprints.

Kill nothing but time.

all the best

well done, nice report, keep em coming.

makes a change from hearing about pikies catching silver fish eating machines, we need a match forum i think lol..

tight lines.

anyone got any of of these punches please
Broadband problems, click here
my m8 is a pike angler and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

no i didnt fish over hemp i was thinking bout it but opted with a small amount of groundbait with crushed hemp in it.

i like the sound of a match forum however seems to be very few of us on here, lets start a campaign to get more people into the match scene, some may say a match cult warping young impressionable minds LOL.

tight lines