River Arrow

bluerinse

Hi

The River arrow runs at the back of my property, between Coughton and Alcester.

I believe the fishing rights are held by Throckmorton angling club. Does anyone know were I can join?

I have surfed the net a few times and checked the local tackle shop in Alcester but no one seem to know. I was told the throckmorton arms pub was were I could get membership but the landlord said not since he has been there.

I’m at a bit of a loss, as it is a 5 min walk from my back garden I would love to fish the stretch. Currently I have been fishing Alcester town water but I want a change as I think I have covered all the town water and have a good understanding of the swims and fish that are there.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"

Guest Ferret1959

I would just go and fish the river.

If anyone asks you for your ticket ask them where to join up.

How's the river fishing by the way?

Many years since I fished it. :(

I would just go and fish the river.

If anyone asks you for your ticket ask them where to join up.

How's the river fishing by the way?

Many years since I fished it. :(

Hi

The river is in fine form, full of chub to 4lb, some big perch, the odd barble to 9lb, the odd carp to 10lb.

The best fishing though is the roach and dace, it has been amazing.

If you can find the roach you can have a great day.

The river is very healthy, full of gudgen, minnows, stone loach, stickle backs and bullheads, I Have caught one small jack pike when spinning for chub but as yet no Zander have made there way up from the Avon.

The river runs shallow with deep glides on most bends with good plant growth.

It really is in pristine condition

I am sure there are some big perch in the area I want to fish and really want to have a go, I have been walking the river for about 6 months and feel excited about some swims I am sure never get fished.

All in all a great river I am sure there’s no record breaking fish but a great challenge and wonderful surroundings.

If you don't mind I will do some digging about for you, I am sure I will be able to come up with something.

That would be great

thanks a lot

Regards Richard

Never fished the Arrow, but peered (I said peered) into it at Salford Priors, where the BAA have a small stretch. Sounds like my sort of river, and will definately fish ir as soon as I can.

Well, no joy I'm affraid. The chap who would have known has no idea. The tackle shop in Alcester would have surely known, but if not then you will have to either wait until someone is fishing it and ask them. Walk the stretch to see if you can see any signs. Contact the land registry and see who owns the land and either ask them who has the rights to fish it or ask the owner for permission yourslf to fish it if no one does. Hope this helps. I will keep enquiring and let you know if anyhting turns up.

Paul

Well, no joy I'm affraid. The chap who would have known has no idea. The tackle shop in Alcester would have surely known, but if not then you will have to either wait until someone is fishing it and ask them. Walk the stretch to see if you can see any signs. Contact the land registry and see who owns the land and either ask them who has the rights to fish it or ask the owner for permission yourslf to fish it if no one does. Hope this helps. I will keep enquiring and let you know if anyhting turns up.

again

thanks for your help, I have been told it might be avalible at a tackle shop in redditch, not sure which one so will have to go to them all!!!

Cheers Richard