Viney's Homemade Centerpin

viney

That's the one Chris, I have a list as long as my arm of jobs from her indoors for this weekend :(

Managed to get a bit done yesterday and today, all the line lays have been cut and drilled ready to be tapped and both sides of the spool are roughed out and parted off. Hopefully be able to get it up on the mill to start drilling the holes for the line lays and spokes on Monday :)

IMAG1797.jpg

Looking good mate!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

234g!

Creelshot.jpg

• Like 1

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

• 3 weeks later...

Progress has been slow as I've sort of been promoted at work so I'm no longer working on the machining side of things as much but I got a couple of hours in this evening, going to redo the spokes as I'm not 100% happy with them

IMG_20150507_172044.jpg

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

What does the spool weigh out of interest Matt

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

That does look nice Matt, I couldn't achieve what you've done but I fear the really hard bits are still to come, almost there. If you want Lythe style screw heads for the line bearers then it'll be useful to know that he buys in the brass screws, re-machines the heads and re-cuts the slots. He has screwdrivers ground for a precise fit on each fastener so there are no bow ties when he puts the reels together.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back