• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read the forum summary and it said:

Greatest Angler Of All Time

Peter Waller

So I thought I'd better post........ :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Here is the list of the top 50 anglers. so you can see were your #1 legend come in everyone elses minds.

1-John Wilson

2-Dick Walker

3-Ivan Marks

4-Matt Hayes

5-Bob Nudd

6-Chris Yates

7-Billy Lane

8-Bernard Venables

etc

Hmm, having fished with a number of those I can see that a lot who must have voted had little knowledge of the subjects. For example, I don't think that Bernard venables would have expected to have been in the top 100 anglers as far as angling capabilities go. A brilliant artist and a good author yes, but top angler? No. Of course he did a lot for angling with his book Mr Crabtree Goes Fishing and also by starting the Angling Times and he should be remembered for those contributions to angling.

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

What about guys like Mike Shepley and how the hell can you possibly inclide Keith Arthur? That man's an opinionated loud mouth who thinks that his opinion and ONLY his opinion matters. What exactly has he done for fishing up North then?

Edited by Andy Macfarlane

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Done one like this on a F1 site - Who's the greatest F1 driver we've had ?.

Now that one did stir up a hornets nest.

Yogi. :headhurt:

Take nothing but photo's.

Leave nothing but footprints.

Kill nothing but time.

And not a decent Sea Angler amongst them and very few Game Anglers, if you exclude Dick Walker and Bob Church, not sure about old Izaac, (most of the trouty stuff was written by Charles Cotton).

Noticably apart from Rexie no other foreign anglers; so obviously Lee Wulf and Lefty Kreh are just plain C***p.

Who the hell is Mark Addy by the way???????

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Who the hell is Mark Addy by the way???????

mark ady is joint england manager. member of drennan england and drennan north west squads.

Edited by rooney888
84854438.png

So that makes him a great angler does it; better than say AN's own Jim Gibbinson?

The whole contest was just a Beauty Show organsied by a publication with the intellectual clout of the Daily Star.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

What about guys like Mike Shepley and how the hell can you possibly inclide Keith Arthur? That man's an opinionated loud mouth who thinks that his opinion and ONLY his opinion matters. What exactly has he done for fishing up North then?

The whole thing is a joke, however, Keith Arthur is a very, very good angler. Why should he have done anything for angling up north?

What did the Romans ever do for us? :rolleyes::thumbs:

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.