Some pics of the Flounder trip yesterday

Zzippy

Phil and I managed to get out yesterday and tried for Flounders.Think I ended up as the guide whilst Phil did all the catching :)

But it was a lovely day to be out and looked like we were fishing abroad.Nothing like Poole harbour has been for the last month.

Here are a few pics we took yesterday

Phil on his Malibu,Not a ripple on the water

2mmigoy.jpg

Holton Heath appearing through the fog

4bxwjdk.jpg

A view over the sedges with Rockly Park in the background...Or is it the Everglades in Florida ::)

2v1oisi.jpg

Back towards the launch spot at Rockly.Now you can see the ripples appearing from the 1mph wind we had ;D

2jd2c8k.jpg

Phils flounder which was about 2-2.5lb

30i8iv6.jpg

For the last hour I took Phil to a bass mark that I knew of,seeing as he had never caught a bass.He ended up catching this cracking bass of about 3.5 - 4lb.

48nzn5t.jpg

All in all it was an excellent day,even though I didnt catch.It was just nice to be out on the water again.

Just posted the report on Kayak uk and the photos didnt reduce in size.I must be doing something wrong :wallbash:

Its never done this before.I am useing the same site to host my pics.Tiny pics .com

zzippy2.gif

Nice one mate. The photos look great. Wish I could have joined you both.

Given the time of year those fish were a good catch. The flounder looks solid and in good condition.

Hiya mate

It was a good day.A bit cold to start with though.The Flounder had spawned allready and was in good condition.

A couple of good fish, well done.

Are you sure you're not hosting your photos on Bl**dy enormous pics.com :lol:

Just found out where I went wrong :rolleyes:

I had my camera on the wrong settings and forgott to reduce the size before hosting on Tinypic.com. :lol:

zzippy2.gif

Cracking report and pic's Zippy.

That is a lovely flounder.

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

Nice pics. :)

If you use the attachment thing here, it should make them into thumbnails automatically for you. Any probs, give me a shout after Christmas and I'll sort it.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Wow that's a dustbin lid!!!nice one Phil :clap2: ----glad to see you back on the water Zzippy :thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Wow! What a flounder and a lovely bass too - that'll be about 5lbs next year!

A good fish for this time of year. How long will the flounders be about Zzippy/Specimen? What did you use to catch it - he has some funny looking rigs dangling off the rods in the first picture!

Have you tried a baited spoon at all? Or is it too deep there?

I think I might just make the effort to come down for the next good spell of weather. BUT, i have to go to Ireland about the second week of January.......might get some good fishing over there!

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Excellant stuff mate,

Great flounder and Bass, dead jealouse.

We headed out to Dolphin Sands yesterday, then tried X-Ray, then an hour in the harbour before sun down, nothing but dog's and pout, one small Bass off Brownsea Castle.

P.s It was fricking Baltic out there!

Have a good christmas all

Scott

Edited by Scotty T

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time