Wingham Fish-In Sat Apr 25th to Mon Apr 27th

Steve Burke

Even if I'm not in a noted bream area I'll be putting out method feeders and fake baits in the hope that one of the big slabs make an appearance. It would be rude not too! :)

Effort equals reward!!

Bream come from nearly everywhere and non-members only have one chance a year.......

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I have had confirmation that I don't need to be working in central London Monday afternoon, which means I can fish the full morning, stay for the BBQ and pack up at my leisure! :yahoo:

I can't get down until mid morning, shall I pack the barrow or will one of the bailiffs still be about for ferrying people around?

No problem Steve, the taxi service will still be running!

I have had confirmation that I don't need to be working in central London Monday afternoon, which means I can fish the full morning, stay for the BBQ and pack up at my leisure! :yahoo:

Great!¬ I'll tell Peggy to cater for 1 more BBQ.

• Like 1

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Best of luck to everyone. I still have vivid and fond memories of our Wingham fishin and the great people we met during our visit. Its a little sad to know I'll never be able to make it over there again but reading the results here as the event progresses is the next best thing.

• Like 2
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

We'll miss you too, Newt. A lot of us still have fond memories of you and Jan in 2006.

• Like 2

It's funny, all the weather apps on my phone agree that it isn't raining, and yet there's rather a lot of water hitting the bivvy!

Good old wingham :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Just got back from Wingham in the rain. I was going to take the water temperature for the record. However I was so tired after the rush to get all the work done 3 weeks early this year that I forgot! Today started cloudy and then brightened up in the afternoon with the air temperature reaching 17.5C, one of the warmest days so far this year. We've missed out on the warm weather that the rest of the south-east has had. We've had many days of cold NE winds and in particular lots of frost. It was bitter when we finished the barley straw on Wednesday! Today the wind was moderate SW, having changed yesterday, and it was distinctly chilly in the wind at the bottom of the lake. As a result of the late spring the weed is just a few inches long, with large areas still devoid of weed.

It looks as though the perch have just spawned as we saw some battle-scarred sergeants swim by in the margins. However we've had a good start with the tench feeding from mid-afternoon onwards, largely at the windward end of the lake. In a normal spring the tench would have switched to morning feeding by now, but this year they're still feeding during the hours of darkness. So it's looking promising.......

Here are the catches I know of up to about 7pm:

Main Lake

Mat Hillman (2nd platform) 2 female tench each of 6-04

Wyeknot (Meatballs) female tench of 8-00, male tench of 5-08

James Champkin (Tim's Point) female tench of 5-08

Colin R (Back Bay Corner) 2 female tench 5-08 and 7-07

Sharkbyte (Left Plantation) pike of about 6lbs

KAYC (Windy City) 3 female tench 6-02, 6-00 & 5-04, plus a pike of about 5lbs

Anthony78 (Big Island Platform) male tench 5-11 and 4-15, female tench 6-02 and 8-09

Carp Lake

James Cox (Skeltons) 2 pike, 19-00 and 14-06

Edited by Steve Burke