Wingham Fish-In Sat Apr 25th to Mon Apr 27th

Steve Burke

Once I close for bookings I'll be posting a new topic to sort out what guests need to borrow and who can help.

Wingham does contain some huge rudd that have been seen by many but never really been fished for. These are likely to be the ones that have grown too big for the cormorants to eat!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

For those of you who have not been to an AN Fish-In at Wingham before and maybe travelling some distance to get there and wondering where to get breakfast from or, as a reminder for the rest of you, there will be hot sausage/bacon sandwiches and mugs of tea/coffee waiting for you when you arrive as usual just to get the weekend off to a cracking start!!

Enjoy!!

Regards,

Steve C.

• Like 5

Applications are now closed.

I'm pleased to say everyone's who's been sent a questionnaire has got a place. I'll send the usual e-mail out with details shortly.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

My info here may be a bit out of date (maybe current members could comment?) but a few years ago, most of the tench I caught at the end of April were at night, even in very cold weather. In periods of of high pressure, the tench were pretty much completely nocturnal. By mid-May, they'd switched to mainly daylight feeding.

If that's still the case, expect to catch the perch and maybe the odd tench in daylight, and the majority of tench (and maybe bream if they show up) at night. If you have a lot of fish in front of you, it can mean catching up on sleep in the daytime...!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Andrew's quite right. At present the tench are feeding at night, but they may have switched to daytime feeding by the Fish-In.

We've had a late start to Spring here in East Kent with it being colder than inland. Indeed we're had lots of frosts, some very sharp. However the Carp Lake has just woken up with a 35 and a 44 on Saturday. The Main Lake is usually about a week behind so we have had got it just right.

• Like 1