AN ADVERT IN A NATIONAL NEWSPAPER TO LET ANGLERS KNOW WHATS GOING ON BEHIND THE SCENCES

big_cod

Had a look at this marine document and there is some very scary things in there being in touch with a lot of different bodies who are not aware of these proposuls and are outraged at what is being suggested here it has being mentioned that it would be in the interest of all the anglers throughout the uk to be imformed of these proposuls through the national press a lot of people are very angry that a tiny majority of people have setting the stalls out for all the anglers throughout the uk THEY DO NOT REPRESENT THE MAJORITY OF ANGLERS IN THE UK the majority of anglers have little or no idea what is being proposed here and presure needs to be on your local mps to start the ball rolling to get these crazy ideas nipped in the bud.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to speak to certain bodies in the angling secter to get this whole thing out in the open for everybody to see what i want to know is where it all came from in the first place or who agreed to this sharade name and shame comes to mind.

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Guest challenge
Had a look at this marine document and there is some very scary things in there being in touch with a lot of different bodies who are not aware of these proposuls and are outraged at what is being suggested here it has being mentioned that it would be in the interest of all the anglers throughout the uk to be imformed of these proposuls through the national press a lot of people are very angry that a tiny majority of people have setting the stalls out for all the anglers throughout the uk THEY DO NOT REPRESENT THE MAJORITY OF ANGLERS IN THE UK the majority of anglers have little or no idea what is being proposed here and presure needs to be on your local mps to start the ball rolling to get these crazy ideas nipped in the bud.

What marine document are you referring to Paul?

Please excuse the pun and all at this time of year, but halleluiah.

Am so pleased to know that I am not stood alone on my opinions on representation.

They kept saying that we needed a voice. Now defra are reminding us that bureaucratic recognition comes with a heavy price.

What marine document are you referring to Paul?

Please excuse the pun and all at this time of year, but halleluiah.

Am so pleased to know that I am not stood alone on my opinions on representation.

They kept saying that we needed a voice. Now defra are reminding us that bureaucratic recognition comes with a heavy price.

John i am not against angling represention but my lord what is being proposed here is crazy i personally are 1000% against rod licences to fish in the sea its disgusting but the best part of it all these bigwigs at defra think pounds shillings and pense here what thay are surely forgetting is the massive loss in vat return to the treasury because as god made little apples the knock on affect will be massive and believe me we are now on with getting the ball rolling to prove this, what we need to know just how much vat is generated with angling i know we as a group of angling boats in whitby generate over £2000000 a year to the local economy now that alone gives the treasury a lot of vat ,what about the southcoast boats alone and all the other angling boats around the uk plus all the shore anglers it runs into many many millions and we are out to prove the losses will far outway the gains in revenue it makes my blood boil just to think that you have pay to fish in the sea WE WILL GAIN NOTHING OUT OF ROD LICENCES just keeping another job for the boys it stinks and those representertives who think otherwise must have been standing to close to the microwave in the kitchen.

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Working out how much VAT is generated by Recreational Sea Angling is easy enough.

According to the Drew Report, commissioned by DEFRA from independent consultants, sea anglers in England & Wales spend £538million and most if not all of that will be vatable at 17.5%, giving a total of aound £94 million.

(Plenty more information on the value of RSA at: http://www.sacn.org.uk/Articles/Economics_...ea_Angling.html )

The problem will be in finding and presenting hard evidence that imposition of a Recreational Sea Angling Rod Licence will be significantly damaging to the RSA sector, to support that thesis.

There are plenty of available case studies where angling licensing has been imposed on Recreational Fisheries both for salt and freshwater fishing, overseas and in the UK (freshwater).

The first step would be to find examples where Recreational Angling has been significantly damaged by the imposition of a licence, and why.

And why in some cases it has made little difference or has even stimulated growth in the sector, and why those positive cases will not apply to the imposition of an RSA licence in the UK.

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Guest challenge

paul.

I have never hidden the fact that I have an aversion to bureaucrats and the bureaucracy that tends to accompany them.

Forget the VAT issue Paul, it far too late for that. Communicate with the representatives who have the responsibility to support the people they are supposed to represent.

It’s about time they where told that it is totally undemocratic for them not to take a stance (even at this late hour) for the RSA against something that is a national disgrace.

Domination by DEFRA (because our so called representatives wanted a voice) within our industry is now inevitable. Threats over VAT etc will never force a British government department to make a U turn. Representatives have laid the axe at the foot of the tree. The tree being our hobby and livelihood and the axe being DEFRA.

And they always said that I had alterative motives, that I had axes to grind. Or Maybe I just sore through them?

Regards.

Ok I think I've read and heared about enough now.

Can someone give me the contact details for whoever heads up the Marine Bill and angling stratagy and whatever flaming else is going on at the moment.

About time these people knew just what numbers of anglers are represented at these meetings and how many have been consulted on these issues.