AN ADVERT IN A NATIONAL NEWSPAPER TO LET ANGLERS KNOW WHATS GOING ON BEHIND THE SCENCES

big_cod

Ok I think I've read and heared about enough now.

Can someone give me the contact details for whoever heads up the Marine Bill and angling stratagy and whatever flaming else is going on at the moment.

About time these people knew just what numbers of anglers are represented at these meetings and how many have been consulted on these issues.

This whole issue is sadly a grave state of affairs i would never have thought it would come to this i have fished from the age of 5 starting with my father fishing from kiddies corner in the harbour and then fishing from the peir catching a few coalie and then with a little bit of knowlege and help some of the old shool i started to catch cod and by the age of 17 had my first 20lb from the shore plus many upto but not exsiding that magicical figure 20lb ,to fish in the sea should be everybodys right to go on the beach on the peir , on the rocks cliffs etc you should have the freedom to fish free of charge but why in gods name should any angling body who ever they represent which i am sure is not the majority agree or even worse put ideas into people heads that you should pay to fish in the sea its scandelous.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear, as I have said before and been Penalized for saying there are a few people on the front line of angling concervation that do not know enough about angling or anglers. They hold the position of speeking on our behalf to govenment and in order to do this properly they should understand what angler want. Some of the people involved are there for anglers but Im still afraid we are being sold down the river, we will get a lisence, bag limits NTZ,s and a right load of hassle and there will not be any reduction in commercial effort in return for the restrictions on us sea anglers.

THEY DONT LIKE IT UP EM THE FUZZY WUZZIES, THEY DONT LIKE IT UP EM!

This whole issue is sadly a grave state of affairs i would never have thought it would come to this i have fished from the age of 5 starting with my father fishing from kiddies corner in the harbour and then fishing from the peir catching a few coalie and then with a little bit of knowlege and help some of the old shool i started to catch cod and by the age of 17 had my first 20lb from the shore plus many upto but not exsiding that magicical figure 20lb ,to fish in the sea should be everybodys right to go on the beach on the peir , on the rocks cliffs etc you should have the freedom to fish free of charge but why in gods name should any angling body who ever they represent which i am sure is not the majority agree or even worse put ideas into people heads that you should pay to fish in the sea its scandelous.

Glad the penny has dropped. This is old stuff to many communties north of you.

Rodi Wout spoke the truth ten years ago imho...

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/sfn/old/wout.htm

Shetland Fishing News

The Journal of Shetland's Fishing Industries

FOUL GROUND By Rodi Wout

OF DOGS AND WOLVES

THERE is no doubt that fishermen...the last of the free, are now a hunted species as far as urban man is concerned. The gulf between the salaried system dependant man, whether bureaucrat or corporate employee and the go as he will fisher has never been greater. But, it is nothing new and the story that follows here is as old a fable as Europe itself. The French writer Jean de la Fontaine wrote it up in poem to make this very point and did so at a time when it wasn't too safe to say such things directly. The truth of it remains unaltered.

It was one of those terrible hard European winters and the wolf was starving. Magdeburg, Warsaw, Orleans...there was nothing worth eating and that's why he'd ended up in this wood above a little French town rummaging for something worth eating. This thing rustled and fell out of a hedge. "What the hell are you supposed to be?" said our wolf looking at something that looked vaguely familiar but smelt of shampoo. "I'm a dog, a poodle" said the dog for he was indeed such a thing. "What are you?" and the wolf informed him of his wolf status. The dog was much impressed, having heard about wolves but never having met one. One question after another did he ask the wolf about his life.

"It's not a bad life" he said, "I get to travel a lot, as I please, you know, Paris, Lubjana, Gdansk...all those sort of places, eat a few sheep, chickens if I feel like it, just please myself really but it's bloody awful this winter...I have hardly eaten a thing bar some bird in a red cloak and she was all gristle."

The poodle was amazed and impressed; all that travel. Just like that. "Amazing" he said "and no one to tell you what to do, it sounds terrific." Our wolf agreed and out of politeness asked the poodle about his CV.

Waving a paw, the poodle pointed to the mansion all lit up just below the hill. "That's my place, it's very nice...all fully heated and I get two din dins every day and the master is very nice to me...I get titbits too and lie in front of the fire." "Wow" said our wolf, "that's terrific, how do you get to be a dog I wonder, what a scam." He paused, then he asked the poodle "What are you doing up here in the freezing cold on a night like this then?"

The poodle looked a bit guilty and ashamed as he answered. "Well, most nights, the master puts my lead and collar on and takes me for walkies and tonight, I managed to slip my collar and escaped up here for a poke around and a bit of this and that."

The wolf was totally mystified. "What's a collar, what's a lead?" he asked, not having the faintest idea about such things and not even having heard the words before. The poodle explained. Wolfi listened and with the words "I'd rather go bleeding hungry" made off for Silesia at top speed.

Yes, verily...the gap between the fishermen and the poodles is indeed very great is it not?

Beginning to feel your collars in Whitby then? ;)

Merry Christmas ;):)

Edited by Jaffa

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

Never mind, Sam Cox has already volunteered to enforce the license scheme!

How about putting up a petition like Trubshaw's, asking that the idea of the proposed sea angling license be scrapped on the grounds that it we believe it will severely diminish the revenue available for fishery management because of less VAT being generated through fewer anglers.

All this government thinks about is money!

Then the pro-license person can put up another petition backing the sea angling license idea and then everybody will be able to see which gets the most votes.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Never mind, Sam Cox has already volunteered to enforce the license scheme!

WHAT WAS THE POINT TO THAT COMMENT?

Shows that someone might get a job out of it. He might have to enforce the NTZ up his favourite estuary though!

Create an environment where things easily get banned and one day you might get banned yourself!

What goes around, comes around!

Edited by Jim Roper

Still none the wiser, just sounds like a vendictive smart arse comment desyned to stire things.

Are you a friend of his by any chance?

You seem to bite easy, and your spelling is similar!