AN ADVERT IN A NATIONAL NEWSPAPER TO LET ANGLERS KNOW WHATS GOING ON BEHIND THE SCENCES

big_cod

Hi leon

Only a substantial proposal like the golden mile would maybe deliver the support you and the rest of the inshore rsa group reps would like to see, i hope not to see myself? a watering down of this proposal (if it has indeed been put forward that is) leon if you and the other guys stand firm on this golden mile and accept nothing short of it no matter how long it takes i know for a fact that licenses, and bag limits on bass would not be a problem from shore anglers down south for sure! i cant think for people up north they have it seems their own agenda, if you want me and others to get back off our arses and go out of our way to drum up the support you and the other guys crave for then let me know definitely what you and the rest are gonna stick to? i dont want to end up with egg on my face again like what happened with the bass mls debacle.

As a dedicated rsa (boats) i have no issue or comment with the golden mile. I do however have a problem with bag limits on bass. If i travel down and fish the portland race which i do on numerous occasions the cost is one hundred pounds. I therefore do not wish some one to state that i'm only to take home say two fish for the day. I know when to take and when to release the fish that i catch i do not want someone telling me that. Before it gets to that stage, a long time in the future, there is a lot more damaging issues that are a lot more urgent to address to protect the fish stocks. Like bradshaw,s recent failure.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The things that concern me are the bargening tools that could possably be given away. If restrictions are to be put on sea anglers then restrictions need to be put on commercial effort to.

Don,t you let wurzel hear that. Our uk goverment have a budjet of 100 mill per year to do just that. All we need is some one to spend it wisely on what is important. :mellow:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

As a dedicated rsa (boats) i have no issue or comment with the golden mile. I do however have a problem with bag limits on bass. If i travel down and fish the portland race which i do on numerous occasions the cost is one hundred pounds. I therefore do not wish some one to state that i'm only to take home say two fish for the day. I know when to take and when to release the fish that i catch i do not want someone telling me that. Before it gets to that stage, a long time in the future, there is a lot more damaging issues that are a lot more urgent to address to protect the fish stocks. Like bradshaw,s recent failure.

Hi barry

You are jolly lucky to be able to spend £100.00 on your hobby everytime you go, a lot of rsa's could not afford that sort of expenditure including myself, a yearly license fee of say £25.00 a year would be a push and i would have to think about that? and i certainly would not pay it under the present state of the quality of our sport or should i say the lack of it that is for sure, but if there was something defo on the table with substance that i know would improve things like the gm then i would probably think it money well spent and pay it.

Barry the state of the shore fishing where i am is so bad now that i consider it a waste of money even for a couple of score of worms mate so i know longer go at all at the moment, and unless things change radically that is the way it will stay, you see i am for change and if that means the 25 quid a year license and putting up with only taking home a couple of bass (which i wont catch now under present conditions anyhow) then so be it, cheers...........

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

leon if you and the other guys stand firm on this golden mile and accept nothing short of it no matter how long it takes i know for a fact that licenses, and bag limits on bass would not be a problem from shore anglers down south for sure! i cant think for people up north they have it seems their own agenda, if you want me and others to get back off our arses and go out of our way to drum up the support you and the other guys crave for then let me know definitely what you and the rest are gonna stick to? i dont want to end up with egg on my face again like what happened with the bass mls debacle.

ps. i spoke face to face with one of your fellow inshore group members a couple of years ago and his words on a proposal like the golden mile! was something like NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS, see if you can work out who he was??? cheers.............

The Golden Mile proposals are in the strategy document, but it's one of those issues that is proving difficult to progress, and IMO DEFRA aren't too keen on pushing it in the face of other stakeholder opposition.

Remember it's only a couple of RSA reps allowed on the full sub-committee that is putting the strategy together.

DEFRA and the other stakeholders have been told by the angling reps that the Golden Mile is an essential plank of the strategy (in fact the one meeting that I got to attend, standing in for another RSA delegate who was unable to make it, I pushed hard (and successfully it seems) to stop it being dropped altogether).

But it really does need anglers to write into DEFRA, their MPs etc, demonstrating support for such measures to show that wider RSA really wants it.

Once the draft is sent out for public consultation, then everyone who has an opinion on anything in the strategy document needs to put in a response, otherwise what RSA will end up with is all that the 2 or 3 reps allowed could achieve on their own.

(It's not a question of standing firm, the delegates don't have a veto on anything. Anything won has to be won with reasoned debate, and by convincing the whole group (or at least most of the group) that what is being proposed is right or wrong. If agreement cannot be reached, then the majority win, if anglers leave the meeting, it carries on and the opportunity to influence outcomes is lost).

And once the strategy is put out for consultation, it's no longer down to those who put the draft together, but to all those who can be bothered to respond.

Especially those who put together reasoned convincing arguments, rather than simply saying "I'm for (or against) this or that"

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Barry,

The issue of bag limits on bass isn't a long time in the future, the SFCs are discussing it and coming to decisions now. (The figures I've heard is for a 5 fish per day bag limit, unfortunately that will seem reasonable to a lot of people, but once the principle is established, it could so easily be reduced in future and/or extended to other species).

That's why it's important now for anglers to understand the issues, and to make representations to the SFCs, and if possible get along to the SFC meetings to demonstrate concern.

Bag limits are acceptable to many, especially those who have seen 'slaughter' of bass (and other fish) by the plastic bag/plastic dustbin brigade, but anglers shouldn't allow restrictions to be imposed, at least not without them being part of a wider conservation package that will mean that there will be more and bigger fish in future.

Please take time to wade through the issues at:

http://www.sacn.org.uk/Conservation-and-Po...or_Anglers.html

and take some action to ensure that bag limits are not applied without being part of a worthwhile conservation package.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

The Golden Mile proposals are in the strategy document, but it's one of those issues that is proving difficult to progress, and IMO DEFRA aren't too keen on pushing it in the face of other stakeholder opposition.

Remember it's only a couple of RSA reps allowed on the full sub-committee that is putting the strategy together.

DEFRA and the other stakeholders have been told by the angling reps that the Golden Mile is an essential plank of the strategy (in fact the one meeting that I got to attend, standing in for another RSA delegate who was unable to make it, I pushed hard (and successfully it seems) to stop it being dropped altogether).

But it really does need anglers to write into DEFRA, their MPs etc, demonstrating support for such measures to show that wider RSA really wants it.

Once the draft is sent out for public consultation, then everyone who has an opinion on anything in the strategy document needs to put in a response, otherwise what RSA will end up with is all that the 2 or 3 reps allowed could achieve on their own.

(It's not a question of standing firm, the delegates don't have a veto on anything. Anything won has to be won with reasoned debate, and by convincing the whole group (or at least most of the group) that what is being proposed is right or wrong. If agreement cannot be reached, then the majority win, if anglers leave the meeting, it carries on and the opportunity to influence outcomes is lost).

And once the strategy is put out for consultation, it's no longer down to those who put the draft together, but to all those who can be bothered to respond.

Especially those who put together reasoned convincing arguments, rather than simply saying "I'm for (or against) this or that"

Hi leon

So are you saying it is safe to say that the golden mile will get to the public consultation process? or that you need more direct reponses from the rsa to do so? sorry my brain is a little addled with home made wine at the mo.

ps well done for keeping it alive at the meeting.

Surely the plan has to be to make DEFRA equally as reluctant to push through bag limits and licences as they are the golden mile. We know what it is that makes them reluctant to push for the golden mile, so we need to kick up the same storm of opposition to bag limits and licences.

Write to Ben Bradshaw, via your MP, and tell him you'll be voting against him at the next election because he's doing bugger all for sea angling. Get your club secretary to write saying he represents X amount of sea anglers.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Why?

The "golden mile" makes no sense whatsoever where i live, but we will all feel the heat from the friction that will create with the commercials.

This golden mile will achieve what for RSA outside of Kent?

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

Why?

The "golden mile" makes no sense whatsoever where i live, but we will all feel the heat from the friction that will create with the commercials.

This golden mile will achieve what for RSA outside of Kent?

It makes plenty of sense to me and it will to a lot down here in sussex! and it will bring a lot more rsa's back to the hobby more than anything i can think of in fact jaffa, now where are you located so i can judge if i feel it will mean the same to you and other rsa's in your area?

Well can you please play give and take with some things a little less important than bag limits and licences, and stop buttering up the nffo by allowing them to think anglers effect fish stocks.

Do you know how many sacn members back Licences and bag limits ?

Does The NFSA know the answer in relation to their membership? I know they say they do but I'm working on the real answer and from what Ive been told so far not 1 member has been asked.

No point in asking the members of bass as its all their flaming fault anyways - but what do the members of bass think ? have they been asked ?

Have the members ever been asked or are

Richard Ferre - National Federation of Sea Anglers (NFSA)

John Leballeur - Bass Anglers Sportfishing Society (BASS)

Leon Roskilly - Sea Anglers Conservation Network (SACN)

Representing their own points of view ?

I'll try to leave all this to you Glenn. You seem to now have the same opinion that I have had ever since talk of a Sea Angling License was first mentioned on here about 2 years ago.

You have about as much chance of getting a straight answer out of Lord Mullet as you have getting one out of his mate Tony Bliar.

It's my perception that SACN have told HMG that Sea Angling Licenses are acceptable under certain circumstances.

It's my perception that SACN have told HMG that bag limits are acceptable.

It's my perception that SACN reps are not representing the views of the majority of people that joined(it'sFREE)!

Edited by Jim Roper

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net