Any from maggotdrowners on here ?

Enter Sandman

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TheHat - that is probably the most reasoned, balanced and articulate summary I've read in some years.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Due to time - and even then my actual post numbers are quite limited - I only contribute to three forums. That's Maggot Drowners, Anglers' net and Barbel Fishing World. Plus I am in one for a syndicate I'm a member of, but that's a closed one and not open to the public.

I post under my real name on all of them, apart from the syndicate that is, where I couldn't register as that for some reason. But that's not an issue, with only 17 members everyone knows who I am anyway.

Check out my weekly Angling Journal at.....Stewart Bloor's Angling Journal

Yep, I'm an MD from time to time, but using my real name. I don't have a problem with it, but it is not the first forum I go to when browsing.

Kempo; do you think your attitude is befitting a "more adult" forum?

The Hat; I feel I contribute to these forums precisely to help younger, or less experienced anglers. Without that kind of assistance, many of these people would be lost to angling very quickly, or worse, would be left to fish in ways that I felt we had left behind 20 years ago.

On the whole, however, I'm glad you raised the tone of debate in such a measured and appropriate way.

Each to their own, I say. In order of preference, I use:

indianangler

total-fishing

anglersnet

maggotdrowning

fishingmagic

May there always be a debate on a subject you want to hear about on one of these...

The Mahseer Trust, working for one of the world's iconic fish and the rivers they live in

www.mahseertrust.org

Fishery info for the Westcountry:
www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
check out
www.v2vangling.co.uk