Anti-smoking ad

DavyR

done the doctor thing even used tranqelizers to lesson the withdrawl symptoms and even had a bit of my tongue removed (very small bit) by the dentist ,came back with the report 2 weeks later that the cells had "changed" ,i have seen my old man die slowly ,had a fright myself so i have all the excuses just not the will power .

my mrs swore on her mums life that she would stop and did ,unfortunately in my unlucky family wishing on someones life will only mean that life ends and i smoke:o

i have it so bad i can even fetch fags from the living room asleep and in the past woke up stark naked trying to get the ashtray from the car.

strangely i used to be a very heavy drinker (wrecked every night) but easily go without a drink for months obviasly not an genetic addiction but i suspect it occurs in those unfortunate to be unable to stop drinking despite its more dramatic effects.

Chesters I think everyone reacts differently to the addiction. I had a really bad dose of the flu and couldnt smoke for 2 weeks, I never started again, apart from being in bed with a temp of 103 for two weeks it was not hard and believe me I dont have a strong will power! My guess is the more bad publicity smoking gets the better.

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can go all day without a fag - I don't even take them to work. But if I have a drink I smoke like a trooper. I've walked 3 miles in the rain to find a 24 hour garage when I've run out when drinking. I'm gonna try wearing a patch when I have a drink and see if that takes away the need.

As for the advert I'm with Wordbender - if it stops one person smoking then that must be a good thing. A hell of a lot of people won't take any notice but some will. Shocking adverts are powerful - look at the drink drive advert with the lads in the pub where the girl crosses the room and gets "knocked down". Powerful stuff!

....Here's to swimming with bow-legged women....

Stop worrying about death.

Smoking/Drinking/Eating/Shooting/Fishing/Working/Walking/Driving etc etc etc, can all kill.

No time for moaning about smokers, if you don't do it, you probably do one of the other things that can kill you off just as quick.

So who cares? we only live once, just do what you like and enjoy it the best you can.

OI OI,

our council (liberal :angry: ) have decided if you want repairs carried out you must not smoke in that area for at least 7day's get your head round that one,......But its better than their origanal one which was to ban council tennant's smoking in there property's all to-gether

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I smoke & have a bad heart, as freddie mercury said "who want's to live forever"

Edited by merlino bill

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

Stop worrying about death.

Really?

No vaccinations for our children? No brakes on our cars? No looking before we cross the road? No safety checks on our planes? Nothing pro-active to preserve our lives?

There are many things we can do that wil give us a better chance of enjoying a longer, more pleasurable life, without sacrificing anything worthwhile. Not smoking is a perfect example.

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

• 4 months later...

Sorry to put two smoking related posts up in two days, but I just saw this, and thought some previous posters might be interested.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6658335.stm

I wonder how many anglers were among the objectors?

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Guest Brumagem Phil
Sorry to put two smoking related posts up in two days, but I just saw this, and thought some previous posters might be interested.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6658335.stm

I wonder how many anglers were among the objectors?

John.

"The Advertising Standards Authority said the posters were likely to "frighten and distress children".

I thought that was the whole idea?

They'll be withdrawing the xmas drink drive adverts next for fear of upsetting the weak stomached drinkers.

That ad was withdrawn and replaced with a party where smokers breathe out thick, oily smoke.

There have been been over 1000 complaints about this ad, I was one of them! The only thing that gives out thick oily smoke is a badly kept vehicle!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Guest Fenix
That ad was withdrawn and replaced with a party where smokers breathe out thick, oily smoke.

There have been been over 1000 complaints about this ad, I was one of them! The only thing that gives out thick oily smoke is a badly kept vehicle!

Or a dragon with a cold. :headhurt: