SADDAM EXECUTED

deanbmw

....and whats that got to do with IRAQ or SADDAM eh?

Have you noticed how in every address in the US Bush now mentions Iraq and the war on terrorin the same sentence even thoughit is fully accepted that Al Quaeda didn't exist in Iraq at the time?

Your philosophy seems to be that provided a pound of fleshis forthcoming that it doesnt matter if it comes from an innocent man provided its apound of flesh.

Forgive me here....................SADDAM is innocent??

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the bbc maybe more anti blair since the government forced the director to quit and forced them to display incorrect information .

saddam was innocent of what?

A) he killed lots of people out to disthrone him in an uprising started by the west(not many would stand about to let that happen)

B) he was a bad man who made terrorists unemployed in iraq.

C) he had something we wanted

D)he told everone he didnt have wmd which upset the people who needed it as an excuse to get C.

E) he was a thug that didnt let anyone get in his way and exterminated those that opposed him ,rigged elections and made v signs to the west.

i think E has it and rightly he hung err maybe

hmm using a bee) makes me look cool

OK anyone that uses V signs on the west is OK

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Guest Brumagem Phil

Chesters, Mr M tried to bring the events of 9/11 into the discussion. I replied to him asking what that had to do with Iraq or Saddam. MR M then tried to twist those remarks to mean something else which is basically why I decided not to continue the pointless discussion with him further.

Worth noting that Mr M was the one with the racially offensive avatar and signature a while back which were removed.

now now no need to mention names ,we know who does what and probably (and hopefully in the future too) most of us occasionally using words to twist things to our advantage (not always successfully in some cases) .if we all agreed what a boring life we would have.

thats the difference we have to the east ,we fight with words and gestures and the occasional threat ,the others get really personal if you get my drift.

night night

:D;)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Poll from Al Jazeerah

Should Saddam Hussein have been hanged?

A. Yes

B. No

C. I don't know

Number of Pollers: 11712

Close Date: 7/1/2007

A. 41.6%

B. 42.0%

C. 16.3%

And my thoughts:

Problems:

1. I saw nothing wrong in going in to Iraq, with the exception of the following:

It was one of the most ill thought out badly led campaigns that have ever existed in the history of mankind. Vietnam possibly excepted.

Reasons:

The General Staff on both sides of the Atlantic, professional soldiers who have been in the services for longer than Bush and Blair have been in paid employment, said yes they could do the job, but asked what was the exit strategy?

Answer: Oh we'll worry about that after Saddam is toppled. The country will fall into place once he has gone.

For god's sake when will these effing megalomaniac control freak politicians get out?

The professional soldiers went in and did what was asked of them, and I take my hat off to them all. They all deserve more than a medal for doing what they did as do the guys and gals out their now trying to keep the lid on the can of worms.

2. Our political leaders lied to their respective electorates and their own parliamentary colleagues to get the vote agreed. Such behaviour is as bad in many ways as Saddam Hussain behaved towards his own population, just because of the mendacity employed.

Lets not forget Blair was elected by less than 40% of the vote of 29% of the electorate of this country. That equates to 11% of the electorate. I know it is our fault as a voting public, but it did not give him a mandate to join in an illegal war in our names.

3. Having hanged Saddam, I'm afraid they have created a martyr.

Reasons:

Hard experience:

I served in the Met for fifteen years, I was on the surveillance team that identified, found the explosives and put away for 35 years imprisonment the Harrods, Regents Park and Hyde Park Bombers in 1983; I sat next to them in a Northampton railway station cafeteria.

I can barely remember their names, let alone I doubt many others.

They have all been released now under the GF agreement, more realpolitik, but that's life and we have peace because of it.

Ask any Irish Nationalist to name all the major IRA terrorists convicted and imprisoned in the UK during the troubles, not Ireland but in the UK. They won't be able to remember 10% of the names.

Ask the same individual to name the 13 Hunger Strikers and they will name every one of them.

Saddam was a sadistic psychopath, yes. The best justice and punishment would have been life imprisonment.

He welcomed his end. He did not and never would have enjoyed the daily humiliation of imprisonment. He did not need to stay in Iraq. He could have been put in a jail anywhere in the world with a Webcam on him 24 hours a day to show he was not being released and was experiencing justice for his crimes.

Same time, he would not be a martyr. He would become forgotten about. He would suffer the ultimate humiliation of becoming a nobody.

The killings and kidnappings carried out in his name would be less than they now will be.

Rant over.

Edited by Trubshaw

Out of many things I enjoy in life, those that start with an F tend to feature the most.

Plea to save our fish. Please visit http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Seafishstocks/ and sign it if you agree.

The one on the right is Trubshaw, the one on the left is Teal.

Forgive me here....................SADDAM is innocent??

Sorry but Saddam IS dead and any other statements concerning him need to be past tense so you need to speak of was or might have been or something.

Saddam WAS arrogant.

Saddam WAS out of touch with reality.

Saddam MADE a massive error of judgement.

Saddam WAS convicted of crimes and sentenced to death by hanging.

Saddam IS dead.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

There is a total lack of understanding of the Middle East on here and else where by those who blame Bush and Blair for the current situation in Iraq.

Firstly you have to look at the Sunni and Shia hatred which has been killing people for hundreds of years not a couple of decades.

Iraq was controlled by the Sunni minority who used all means possible to keep the Shia population from gaining power. This was supported by the west up until a decade before the first war and here I must add it was B Senior and the conservatives who were in power.

You have to ask your selves why they stopped the first time and did not take the war to a conclusion; again the west did not want to destroy what they saw as a means of maintaining a balance of power in the area, Iran being mainly Shia.

For my money that was a very bad mistake, it gave Saddam the opportunity to say he had defeated the west and again I must point out it was B senior and the conservatives who made that cock-up.

The Sunnis are the bedrock of terrorist; Bin Laden being a Sunni whose aim is to topple the House of Saud has recruited from Sunni populations throughout the world.

Did Saddam have connections with Bin Laden's mob, yes 100%, why because he had the same objectives to rid Saudi of the House of Saud and it made them natural partners. Did he allow Bin Laden’s mob to train in Iraq, yes he used to run a similar deal to ourselves where we train foreign officers in our military systems there fore making it very difficult for the west to prove.

We could have sat on Iraq boarders forever and he would have continued to train terrorist and kill the Shia population.

To me it was painfully obvious that once the Shia population gained control retribution would take place, just as obvious was the fact that the Sunnis with the help of Bin Laden’s mob would fight back and do all they could to regain power.

So this is the one point where I would agree 100% with Chester and Brumagem Phil, we have created a situation where civil war will flourish.

Is there a way out? Well the easiest would be to with draw and let them get on with it, the Shia would win with back door help from Iran but this would create an uncomfortable situation for the House of Saud being under pressure from within (Bin Laden) and an enormous Shia military might on their borders.

Iran has no love for Saudi and over the years there have been many skirmishes between the two making the Arabian Gulf the highest insurance area for marine vessels.

Yes in the background of all this is the question of oil but please don't forget we all currently rely very heavily on that oil supply even you Chester if you still want to drive your car down to Folkestone for a fishing session.

Then there is the question of Afghanistan, where do they fit into all this. The population is divided into Sunni and Shia camps with a good sprinkling of other denominations, but on their boarders are Pakistanis Taliban Sunni war lords who made it a target for Bin Laden as a safe haven, I don't suppose for a minute he ever reckoned the west would chase him out of there. But his ambitions got the better of him and his attacks throughout the world made him the number one person to get rid of.

Now we have to straighten out some other misconceptions, the Taliban and Bin Laden did grow and sell opium to the drug dealers of the world, the only crops they destroyed were those grown by the opposition. Don't blame any existing governments for this, it has been going on for hundreds of years. The question here is what else do you grow on such crappy soil which will sustain a country with no oil and little else to offer.

So once again the west have created a difficult situation for themselves, Bin Laden is still creeping about in no mans land with the help of the Taliban, every time Pakistan tries to sort out their side of the boarder the do good brigade shout foul, genocide and all that type of thing.

Then we have GB the Bush major problem.

Having worked along side many Afghanistan men I do have a firsthand knowledge of them.

They used to walk up to twelve hundred miles for a job in Iran during the winter period, work a twelve hour shift for one meal a day plus about sixty pence a day, for seven days a week.

They were a likeable bunch of characters always ready to offer you something from their meagre rations of food or tobacco, they played a game of football using a cube of wood about 150mm square which they would kick with their bare feet.

They camped alongside a flooded borrow pit from which they would get their drinking water and wash their clothes, they enjoyed clambering all over my Chevy crew cab as I drove down the two mile service road to the site in the mornings, running alongside pulling each other of and jumping on to take the dislodge persons place.

Hard! Please let me advise you all you don't know the meaning of hard, these guys were built of rock and feared nothing, death means very little to them.

As a friend you have someone who would be willing to die for you and would expect the same, as an enemy you have someone who would never give up.

Those in GB would throw their chains around a guard’s neck and kill him in a second given the chance and they would be prepared to do it knowing they would be shot in doing so.

Do they deserve to be there, well the little UK boys who thought it might be an adventure to train alongside Bin Laden's mob is questionable, but having said that look at those who bombed the underground in London. The rest could be looked upon as soldiers in a vague sort of way, but what would happen if you sent them back?

It is certainly a lot more complexed than the average Brit or Yank might think, I could spout on in more depth but I guess it would be a total waste of time.

Have to admit having spent a lot of time in the Middle East it is not a situation I would like to resolve.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

This argument has definately developed two sides!

I will ask this TWO questions:

If Saddam was so hated in Iraq, then why are the Americans and UK soldiers treated (correctly) as invaders of their country and to be killed at any cost?

Why, according to the world's experts is Iraq spiralling into civil war?

If anyone asks Bush or Blair about WMD today, the stock answer is "but we've got rid of a tyrant"

My opinion is the world needs tyrants in some countries (like Saudi Arabia) to hold the country together

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

This argument has definately developed two sides!

I will ask this TWO questions:

If Saddam was so hated in Iraq, then why are the Americans and UK soldiers treated (correctly) as invaders of their country and to be killed at any cost?

Why, according to the world's experts is Iraq spiralling into civil war?

If anyone asks Bush or Blair about WMD today, the stock answer is "but we've got rid of a tyrant"

My opinion is the world needs tyrants in some countries (like Saudi Arabia) to hold the country together

In answer to the first and second question read my post.

In answer to your last para. It works for those looking from outside maybe, but it is a bit of a bind if your there and things are not swinging well in your direction. :rolleyes:

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

well thats the conspiracys out the way ......just watched the full vid on a usuall web site.........would it be bad tast too post the link?

Never test the depth of water with both feet.

Stuff work go fishing.