What is the nicest sea food to eat?

YoungRod

for me it has to be dorado(not dorada otherwise known as gilt head bream)

it has to be really fresh, as it goes off quickly, but you ever get a chance to eat some....do so, you wont forget it :thumbs:

happy new year everybody.

cheers dave.

Edited by captain cojones

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it has to be really fresh, as it goes off quickly, but you ever get a chance to eat some....do so, you wont forget it :thumbs:

cheers dave.

:clap2: Did that in Costa Rica a couple of years ago, caught it in the afternoon, ate it in the evening, delicious. Still got some from Ascension Island in my freezer, it won't be that fresh but as it was blast frozen to -20 it'll keep a while. :clap2:

cheers dave.

I hadn't heard of dorada, presumably you are talking of dolphin fish? I have heard that they are top eating, but I heve never tried it - or even caught one for that matter. Sounds like I had better try and get myself one.

(Before anyone starts screaming, dolphin fish are not dolphins or any other type of mammal)

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

hi chevin happy new year to you, yep you mean dorado, i belive its also known as dolphin fish in some parts also known as mahi mahi http://www.sea-ex.com/fishphotos/dolphin.htm

found this site above, dont know where you live in oz, but appears they are widespread.we get them from august to about now, and the local name here is llampuga (yampooga)

cheers dave. :)

Edited by captain cojones

I like sea food,but am yet to find something that really gets the tastebuds tingling!

Try it when you are hungry!

Edited by Jim Roper

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

hi chevin happy new year to you, yep you mean dorado, i belive its also known as dolphin fish in some parts also known as mahi mahi http://www.sea-ex.com/fishphotos/dolphin.htm

found this site above, dont know where you live in oz, but appears they are widespread.we get them from august to about now, and the local name here is llampuga (yampooga)

cheers dave. :)

Happy New Year to you too. Yeah, I believe that Mahi mahi is the Kiwi or Polynesian name for them. I live in the northern suburbs of Perth and we certainly get them off shore here expecially around the fads. In fact I was fishing near the fads last week, but we were fishing for Samson fish which are similar to amberjack. I had five of the sambos each of around 50lbs but while we saw a few makos there were no dorados to be seen.

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

.... presumably you are talking of dolphin fish? I have heard that they are top eating, but I heve never tried it - or even caught one for that matter. Sounds like I had better try and get myself one.

(Before anyone starts screaming, dolphin fish are not dolphins or any other type of mammal)

Hi chevin

Its dorado you should try if you get chance to fish in the tropics again. You might know it as mahi mahi. It must be available in Perth even if its not "fresh in today". Its just as good as the Dhu fish we shared last time we were with you.

Happy New Year to yourself and your good lady.

best, fresh scallops, I'm still trying to be brave enough to go for them raw straight from the shell...

next best, squat lobster, lightly boiled and eaten fresh

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?