mr motorola

hi john,

i've had both of those, what could you swap me for them??

i've not had a catfish(wolf) or an anglerfish

:clap2: I had a porbeagle and haddock at Whitby, a wolf fish from Norway and an angler fish from the shore in Portsmouth Harbour, I've never counted my species, perhaps I should, it may give me a new challenge, if I could remember them all. :clap2:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya,

I'm not too fussed, any or all of the following, just to make sure I stay ahead of that Jabee one :P

Turbot, Brill, Anglerfish, Blonde, Spotty, Undulate, Small Eyed & Sting Ray, Porbeagle, Blue, catfish, (wild) Halibut, Torsk, Thick lipped & Golden Grey Mullet, Norway haddock...... plenty of scope for new species for me.. just need to get out there and nail them.. could 2007 be the year I hit 60 Uk species :)

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

hmm.... top of list would be my first fish on the fly a nice double would do to start....

2nd a wee visit north to holt country for a go at the big ladies

3rd a tope in the company of snatcher so i could catch a bigger one than him

there not asking much just for some firsts ....oh and a mullet would be nice too!!!!!!!!

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

Hiya,

I'm not too fussed, any or all of the following, just to make sure I stay ahead of that Jabee one :P

Turbot, Brill, Anglerfish, Blonde, Spotty, Undulate, Small Eyed & Sting Ray, Porbeagle, Blue, catfish, (wild) Halibut, Torsk, Thick lipped & Golden Grey Mullet, Norway haddock...... plenty of scope for new species for me.. just need to get out there and nail them.. could 2007 be the year I hit 60 Uk species :)

Well, if you fancy a trip south this year, I've trips booked at various times targeting various species, including Turbot and Brill, Smoothounds (chance of a Common to go with your Starry), Blonde Rays with a chance for others including Small Eyed and you could have a go for Mullet in the evening depending on time of year. I will of course be looking for some new species myself on one or two of your 'secret' marks.......... :)

hi john,

i've had both of those, what could you swap me for them??

i've not had a catfish(wolf) or an anglerfish

You too Les......although I'll be looking to you for an East coast Haddock at some point :thumbs:

Edited by jabee

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target."

Well, if you fancy a trip south this year, I've trips booked at various times targeting various species, including Turbot and Brill, Smoothounds (chance of a Common to go with your Starry), Blonde Rays with a chance for others including Small Eyed and you could have a go for Mullet in the evening depending on time of year. I will of course be looking for some new species myself on one or two of your 'secret' marks.......... :)

You too Les......although I'll be looking to you for an East coast Haddock at some point :thumbs:

john,

don't you know that inspite of north sea haddock stocks being at an alleged 30 year high they are still virtually extinct off the usual east scotland marks where 30 years ago we used to get 50-60lb bags of fish to 4lb <_<

loch fyne was the venue recently but it gets trawled by lazy retards wanting creel bait for the prawns.

but, may-june this year i'm going to try the old soft ground marks off burnmouth for them, but with so much prawn trawling round these marks i'm not holding out much hope :angry:

maybe around the wrecks would be a best bet ;)

got a mark at dunbar where i might get you your porgie, just need the weather and bait B)

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif

Ok that sounds interesting.. just dont tell Norrie :)

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Ok that sounds interesting.. just dont tell Norrie :)

LOL, Knew all about them ages ago sonny.....

BTW, you eventually found 50p fer the meter then ...LOL...... :blink: :blink:

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Hiya,

GEEZUS, you not had a Turbot, Thick Lipped, or a Catfish...WHAT have you been doing all those years ????? :D :D :D :D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/