should the forces pull out of Iraq

s_mac

pull out or stay  

37 members have voted

1. 1. what do u think

• stay
    • leave

Take the troops out NOW.

I don't condone wars but when it's got nothing to do with us and its costing us millions that we won't get back then thats a different matter.

If we'd done our job properly in Gulf 1 and completely flattened the place and wiped it from the face of the Earth, we wouldn't be there now.

Yogi. :wallbash:

They do more than fight wars I think.

:rolleyes:

No need to tell me Ferret, I done over 23 years in a top Infantry Regiment.

Yogi. :ph34r:

Take nothing but photo's.

Leave nothing but footprints.

Kill nothing but time.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brumegen Phil & s_mac, I agree with the first part that we shouldn't have go in the first place -but - we are dealing with the lives of somebodies son, somebodies husband etc. I am sure that the NOK of those killed would agree BRING OUR BOYS AND GIRLS HOME!! The killing MUST stop!!

Edited by kleinboet

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Bringing our forces home will not stop the killing, it will stop our forces from being killed ,but it will only serve to escalate the killing and a vicious dictator taking control of the Country......that kinda makes everything that has gone before a bit futile, the whole thing is a mess and there will never be a winner, only varying degrees of losers to come out of this.

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

Bringing our forces home will not stop the killing, it will stop our forces from being killed ,but it will only serve to escalate the killing and a vicious dictator taking control of the Country......that kinda makes everything that has gone before a bit futile, the whole thing is a mess and there will never be a winner, only varying degrees of losers to come out of this.

Who cares about the killing escalating in that country, I certainly and definately DON'T.

Pull our troops out and let them get on with it.

Yogi. :thumbs:

Edited by Yogi

Kill nothing but time.

Bob, You say in your posting a "vicious dictator" will take over Iraq. Bush/Blair went into Iraq to rid them of just that!! I think people are just beginning to realise that you won't have peace in Iraq without one! Because of the Bush/Blair meddling, Iraq is going to have to go through a civil war (costing MORE lives) until another dictator like Saddam Hussein takes over!

You cannot run Iraq the way America and Britain are run!!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

As kleinboet as said, a civil war will take place in Iraq and the sooner our troops are pulled out the sooner that will happen and they can get back to some normalilty :rolleyes::wallbash:

Alan.

Bob, You say in your posting a "vicious dictator" will take over Iraq. Bush/Blair went into Iraq to rid them of just that!! I think people are just beginning to realise that you won't have peace in Iraq without one! Because of the Bush/Blair meddling, Iraq is going to have to go through a civil war (costing MORE lives) until another dictator like Saddam Hussein takes over!

You cannot run Iraq the way America and Britain are run!!

Some of that I agree with, but you certainly never had peace in Iraq with Saddam in charge ! That said you haven't got peace in a large number of African countries and some of those are arguably worse for human rights atrocities than Iraq has been. The difference appears to me to be that they don't have the oil and aren't deemed politically important :( :(

Rob.

Guest Brumagem Phil
Take the troops out NOW.

I don't condone wars but when it's got nothing to do with us and its costing us millions that we won't get back then thats a different matter.

If we'd done our job properly in Gulf 1 and completely flattened the place and wiped it from the face of the Earth, we wouldn't be there now.

Well you certainly shot yourself in the foot there. Given that you talk of wars which dont concern us, I think your second remark about gulf war 1 looks rather odd don't you? After all Iraq invade Kuwait, neither of which is any of our business by your reckoning.

Interesting too how you say you don't condone war yet then speak of flattening a country and wiping it off the earth.

You will of course let me know if I've miss quoted you! :rolleyes:

Edited by Brumagem Phil

You will of course let me know if I've miss quoted you! :rolleyes:

Yeah, you probably have like the last time when you accused me of saying something I DIDN'T.

What I'm trying to say is that I'm not against them. I just don't think we should be in Iraq, but while we're there and looking on the positive side it is a good training ground and we should wipe out as many Iraqi's as we can.

Kill nothing but time.

Guest Brumagem Phil
Yeah, you probably have like the last time when you accused me of saying something I DIDN'T.

What I'm trying to say is that I'm not against them. I just don't think we should be in Iraq, but while we're there and looking on the positive side it is a good training ground and we should wipe out as many Iraqi's as we can.

Actually I think everyone here can see EXACTLY what your stance on anyone who isn't British is....even if they are in their OWN country.

P.S. Check out the word 'condone' in the dictionary! :thumbs:

Edited by Brumagem Phil