AT Misdeeds (was "well hello got a question")

Vas

:clap3: OK, I'll try again. A short while ago I think I read an article where the AT admitted it messed up the results of a competition and as a result awarded the wrong medals to the wrong teams. It must have been a dream because I don't think the AT have EVER admitted to getting something wrong. As it was a SALC competition I bet it was the same person that has screwed up at least 3 times before that I know of. Strange there's no way to respond to that press release, they must of had pressure to publish their mistake. The previous mistakes I published in the SAN, and the last 2 actually involved and inconvenienced me and the last one I said the person involved should consider his position, but he obviously didn't.

The first time he screwed up with a boat comp out of Devon and the presentation night was a riot, anglers complaining that they'd beaten the persons who were awarded the prizes. The prizes were withdrawn and the anglers were told it was a computer glitch and that when sorted their prizes would be sent by post. I was sent the results for the paper but they were still wrong so Mike Concannon who used to write my Devon page went round and sorted it out for him. The "computer glitch" was because he wasn't using the programme correctly and he didn't compare the computer print out against the results sheets. Second was the Home Shore Internationals (HSI's ) in Kent where he put the wrong ribbons on the medals and when I pointed it out to him he said "you sort it out, I haven't got time for this". And the last time was for the HSI's in Scotland when he forgot to send the trophies and medals in time and they didn't arrive. Fortunately I had taken the Men's trophy which we'd won the year before so all the winning teams had their photos taken with our trophy, shame for the juniors and all the others who had to receive their medals and trophies in the post at a later date. Pay pea nuts and you get a monkey. :doh:

• Like 1

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/news/angling-trust-issues-apology-over-ladies-shore-angling-championship-error/

This is the link you were looking for Norm, I note nothing happened like that on your watch, you didn't have to look too far, wouldn't mind doing a few pages of text re the common eel take ban for anglers, the tope take ban for anglers , and the all new proposal to completely ban angling taking the bass next year and TAT's involvement in all three. come to think of it, does the SAN publish books, I could compile one, without too much difficulty.

• Like 1

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

:clap3: That's the one, I wonder who sent it to me. I notice that you can only like it, you can't dislike it or anything else, a bit one sided but I notice it only has 3 likes. I can't believe that the results weren't checked each day and double checked at the end as the results were so close, sheer incompetence on SALC's/AT's behalf, it's not as if they're overworked as the stewards do all the work and the organisers, SALC or the AT only have to check the points and award the trophies and medals. How gutting to think you've won then be told you haven't then the team that wins gold has it snatched away to have it replaced by silver, somebody should hold their hands up to this then resign. Didn't the England team turn up? They're usually in the medals, 4 golds in 4 years when I was manager.

I don't own the SAN any more, I retired and sold it on and I believe it's been sold on since. I've posted my thoughts on here and to the AT about eel bans and tope bans, as I've said many times, the AT just don't understand sea anglers and sea angling, they are basically fluff chuckers and puddle dippers and the only interest they have in sea anglers is their membership money for which they get diddly squat except insurance which you can purchase separately or add to your home insurance much more cheaply. Bring back the old NFSA, not perfect but it could be with the right people in charge, not a bunch of buddy buddy funny handshake merchants. :clap3:

• Like 1

:clap3: That's the one, I wonder who sent it to me. I notice that you can only like it, you can't dislike it or anything else, a bit one sided but I notice it only has 3 likes. I can't believe that the results weren't checked each day and double checked at the end as the results were so close, sheer incompetence on SALC's/AT's behalf, it's not as if they're overworked as the stewards do all the work and the organisers, SALC or the AT only have to check the points and award the trophies and medals. How gutting to think you've won then be told you haven't then the team that wins gold has it snatched away to have it replaced by silver, somebody should hold their hands up to this then resign. Didn't the England team turn up? They're usually in the medals, 4 golds in 4 years when I was manager.

I don't own the SAN any more, I retired and sold it on and I believe it's been sold on since. I've posted my thoughts on here and to the AT about eel bans and tope bans, as I've said many times, the AT just don't understand sea anglers and sea angling, they are basically fluff chuckers and puddle dippers and the only interest they have in sea anglers is their membership money for which they get diddly squat except insurance which you can purchase separately or add to your home insurance much more cheaply. Bring back the old NFSA, not perfect but it could be with the right people in charge, not a bunch of buddy buddy funny handshake merchants. :clap3:

Shame you left, however as I understand, receiving payment less than the cost of your expenses to cover the length and breath of the u k is not really much fun. Did you know they have a turnover of over two million, yet not one paid up sea angling rep on their books. You certainly can't count salter or Mitchel anything like sea angling reps as all they have ever done for the rsa is to agree restrictions against them.

No good me writing the truth in the new sea angling boat magazine, it will never be printed in the u k, it's so one sided with reporting lop sided 'good news' coming out of the TAT camp, no surprise there as the publisher is McPherson, aka TAT director, funny how Mitchel the non angling expert managed to get two of his expert knowledgeable briefs published within the first two covers, one was regarding the bass within the u k, I think he even managed to get out once and catch one with his mate goldsmith, funded entirely by angling and ngo monies, even managing to stay in the best hotel down the southwest, c/o TAT. Your face didn't fit Norm. The following month he wrote about the importance of charter boats in the u k. Not sure if he has managed to be afloat on more than two as it happens. That was the smoke and mirror attempt to cover up what TAT got involved with, with the angling bass restrictions btw.

• Like 1

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

:clap3: I was happy to steward the World shore and boat champs at Weymouth 10 years or so ago, I was also happy to manage the England Men's Home Internationals and won the grand slam in gold medals and manage the England Ladies for the World Shore Championships in France, we would have won a medal, possibly, possibly gold if they'd given me the best team available but internal politics and favours meant we didn't have the best team available and when I questioned the team selection I was lied to, it was only when we got back I learnt the truth. I was asked to apply for a couple of positions with the AT but I'd lost all faith in the leadership. There are some good people in there but not enough to change the un-elected empire builders who take a good salary while they employ volunteers. The teams don't, or didn't even get expenses when I was managing, France was nearly £1,000 each and the Homes were about £750 each. The tops dogs get good salaries and expenses, the teams have to pay their own way. When I ran the SAN I was told not to "rock the boat", no chance, I told it as it was and they didn't want to hear that. I give the new boat mag a year at most. I was going to invest in BFM when I heard it was in trouble but I didn't get a reply to my email, probably best I didn't, money down the drain as it was too late. I'm past caring now, they say you get what you deserve, I don't believe sea anglers deserve the AT but there's no alternative, they've got it sown up. :bye2:

worse, news for me is the PBA have now joined TAT At present TAT are polling charter skippers for info. With a free plug in the all new magazine for doing so.

Remember the 2012 cefas survey of anglers? TAT at the time told all they would participate in the 6 meetings come back and inform the rsa what was discussed etc. TAT didn't trust defra how the information was to be used so they would not be collecting any from anglers.

What actually happened was that Mitchell and one other attended the six meetings, no information re the six meetings was ever past onto anglers what so ever by TAT. Subsequently the information collected from anglers by cefas was used by TAT in their pleadings for bass restrictions. TAT knowingly used this info that was exaggerated on the amount of bass taken by the eight hundred and eighty thousand anglers to big up their argument. Low and behold the commercial sector complained about all the angling bass removals and so that is how the bass ban on anglers commenced. Following on from that TAT's director conceded that the angling info was exaggerated and incorrect and actually said, weren't my stats but the governments. This is how disrespectful TAT are with the rsa.

A charter boat skipper who did attend the meetings warned that the information would be used as a stick to beat the anglers with. how true is that, It was TAT who wielded the stick.

They have distanced themselves from the above telling the PBA they are the ones who will sort the e u management machine out. they were the ones causing it, blaming the e u for the imbalance, they caused it.

I agree with you Norm TAT have now got their feet under the table re managing the rsa and the charter boat skippers. The charter boat scene and angling will decline they will ruin it. It's not broke and don't need fixing, they will ruin it. I have no doubt.

TAT have said that the anglers are not their first and foremost considerations when it comes to their funding stream. The ceo had stated that. Can you see why both salter and Mitchel have job titles that include conservation and no mention of rsa representation. How disrespectful.

• Like 1

:fishing1: I quite agree and are waiting to hear about the £ million they have got in funding, I expect they'll be getting the clubs and volunteers to do the work while they get pay rises for the senior management.Any pay rises should be based on increased membership, not increases in membership prices. Talk about fat cats and feet under the table, they fit the description completely. Unneeded tope bans, eel bans for RSA'S but not commercials, bass bans for RSA's but not for netters, the management of the AT are certainly the lap dogs of anyone that will fund them, no shame. :doh:

• Like 1

Tope take ban was reaffirmed to defra last year by one man and that was Mitchel on behalf of TAT, writing to them and telling them that the ban was acceptable and it should continue.

No angler was asked or consulted by TAT before they took this action.

As for the common eel, it has always been their recommendation, any deep hooked, cut the line and send them back, that's with the hook attached sent back into the food chain for what ever to eat, as the eel has it's vitals near to it's gills and they will die, just like the tope, sent back bleeding from the gills. That doesn't matter as long as anglers are continuing to comply with the rules that suit TAT's agenda for control.

Ever since the eel take ban, I have never heard of TAT checking the common eel stocks within the u k, it was very happy to use counts of 50 eel samples at the top end of the thames and the claim that the stock has been depleted by 98%. Have they checked to see if the stock has improved? Bet anyone that the answer will be no. They have what they want.

Should this topic not be moved to a more appropriate thread in the forum

I agree how about the angling trusts news section for balance as opposed to their sanitised news releases?

• Like 1