"Yuletide Landscape"

MrWiggly

Since entering "Yuletide Landscape" into the photocomp I have had quite a few enquiries reguarding where it is, and what it is ...

The Eden Project.

Situated near the town of St Austell Cornwall UK, the Eden project is built within a disused claypit. It mainly consists of two massive "biodomes" or "Spheres" , one of which is maintained as a tropical jungle enviroment, the other as a temperate or "Medditeranian" zone.

Containing thousands of imported plants, the domes are intended to preserve endangered plant species as well as providing educational interest. The "Tropical Zone" is very hot .. and very wet ! In here you will find everything from Banana Palms to Coffee Plants as well as cascading waterfalls and some of the most fantastic flowers you have ever seen !! The "Temperate Zone" is a little cooler, and drier, and has many of the plants and herbs and vines that can be found around the medditeranian area. Recently, as well as plants, efforts have been made to introduce various forms of insect and invertabrate life ... although no monkeys yet !!

Costing several million pounds, and still under developement, the Eden Project is entirely "green" and is a massive and very popular tourist attraction.

From a photography point of view ... The Eden Project offers fantastic facilities for some great shots ... if you can overcome the humidity problem !! Your lenses will mist up, and you camera kit will finish up wringing wet !! How these guys take stunning shots in the steaming jungles of Borneo and the Amazon is beyond me !!

Wiggly.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Links Here .....

http://www.edenproject.com/]http://www.edenproject.com/

http://www.beautifulbritain.co.uk/htm/outa...den_project.htm

More Shots ......

EP1s.jpg

EP2s.jpg

EP3s.jpg

EP4s.jpg

EP5s.jpg

EP6s.jpg