Which Pole?

carlos85

Hi,

im looking for advice on buying a new pole, i have around £300 pound to spend and have been looking at the Maver Nebula and Deploy and was just wondering which is best? Or if there are better poles other than these for the same money.

thanks

carl :thumbs:

out the two i'd have to choose the maver deploy its's only an extra £24. they both come with same tops and exras but the deploy is quite lighter. and this may benifit when you need to fish long tmes at distance.

84854438.png

out the two i'd have to choose the maver deploy its's only an extra £24. they both come with same tops and exras but the deploy is quite lighter. and this may benifit when you need to fish long tmes at distance.

hi i would look at the cfs F-16 pole i have used this and i liked it is 16 metres long and can be bought for around £250

bob

hi i would look at the cfs F-16 pole i have used this and i liked it is 16 metres long and can be bought for around £250

bob

i am gonna get one of these didnt realsie you could buy them for £250.

1stbob i reccomend you buy this pole has lots of extra tops and it 16 metre so you can reach to places some people may not reach.

84854438.png

i am gonna get one of these didnt realsie you could buy them for £250.

1stbob i reccomend you buy this pole has lots of extra tops and it 16 metre so you can reach to places some people may not reach.

To be honest Rooney888, you'd be far better off getting a 13-14.5m pole for the same money as a 16m one. I can guarantee you'll get a lighter, more balanced usable pole for your money and can always add an extension at a later date.

I fish a lot of commercial fisheries and can count on one hand the amount of times you'll need a 16m pole. The vast majority of pole fishing nowadays is actually in the margins - hence why so many margin poles are available.

The higher end MAP poles are pretty good but the CFS range, whilst being very robust and thick walled (good for someone learning long pole fishing) once you get past 11.5m they tend to sag a lot, and you wont be able to fish past 13m comfortably for any length of time.

I can guarantee that if you bought a 13 or 14.5m pole such as the Maver Nebula or Deploy, you'll get a pole that will be more fishable and will pay you back in the long term with it's quality.

Regards

James P

"if i'm not back in 5 minutes, just wait longer!"