First Swallows

JV44

saw them today where we are working any one else noticed any?

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Heard a cuckoo for the first time this year last week ,not seen swallows but surprisingly we heard sparrows in the garden next door generally they they stay up the far end of the street with the starlings

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Chesters not heard a Cuckoo yet here but hopefully wont be long ,with the Swallows back I need to check out a local bit of the Thames to see if the Hobbies are back gotta love the Hobby stunning and makes everything bar Gosh and Peregrine seem pedestrian

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

I saw my first two Swallows of the year today, the first ones seen elswhere in Hampshire this year were on the 31st March.

Cuckoos have been arriving every day since the 9th April - about 6 days later than the average first arrival.

Still waiting for the first cuckoo in south Hertfordshire, 'twas about this time last year that I heard the first one that I had heard in many years, so eagerly anticipated.

The Red Kites are around in big numbers, loads of woodpeckers active (audibly) and even seen a couple.

Tawny Owls have been pretty noisy of late as well, love to hear them late at night "at it" as it were. That's until it rains and they go very quiet; apparently it's then "too wet to woo".

;)

Our chief weapon is surprise

The tawnies hoot in the daytime here ,generally they go thin and hide incase the magpies spot them

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I've seen loads of Swallows, Red Rumped Swallows, House Martins, Sand Martins, Crag Martins, Alpine Swift, Pallid and Common Swift; then again I have been in Andalucia for the last two weeks..

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

I've seen loads of Swallows, Red Rumped Swallows, House Martins, Sand Martins, Crag Martins, Alpine Swift, Pallid and Common Swift; then again I have been in Andalucia for the last two weeks..

Tony

Thats near folkestone isnt it?

Thats near folkestone isnt it?

Yes just across the water :)

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Thought so ,most things are

• Like 1