Help me locate specific trousers?

philocalist

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Philo,

Don't do anything drastic yet. I looked briefly in the basement and couldn't find them. I have a suitable pair of brush pants that the legs zip off from. As soon as I find them I'll google for you (size)... you know.

Seems to me they are Africa something???????

Phone

There's moleskins, Brian (Lutra) had a pair on when we fished together not long ago and they looked great but they may be a bit on the sweaty side over there when it gets warmer with them being so tightly woven.

I reckon that a decent pair of denime jeans are more thorn and nettle proof than most trousers.

Edited by Tigger

philo,

I can't find them. The wife says she didn't do anything with my pants - - - - - but I know she did!

Anyway - I'd bet you would be happiest with zip-off's. You can do your own google.

Phone

I use Craghoppers a lot too in hot weather....or 100% cotton Chinos!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Thanks for the suggestions so far guys - Craghoppers were the ones that came to mind before I made the post - made a trip to Go Outdoors today to have a looky-see, but unfortunately even their biggest size (a 42 - 44" waist) was too small - might have been something to do with their sizing, as other brands in that size DID fit, yet other brands were too tight, even when the label was telling me they were for a 52" waist! ... makes it impossible to buy anything online with any confidence, dealing with those sort of discrepancies.

All was not lost however, and I got an amazing 'impulse' buy which should make next winter toasty: a pair of these, in the right size ...

http://www.prologicfishing.com/productBig.asp?id=251

... for the princely sum of just £31.48!!! :yahoo:

Never used anything at all like these before, but they seemed way too good a bargain, and will likely encourage me to fish a lake that is within walking distance next winter - it's a mixed lake that fishes well in the warmer months but is almost 100% unfished from maybe late October until March.

Still trying to source the original request though, so any further assistance greatly appreciated.

31 quid thats thats 6 pairs right? You could buy the golden fleece for less than that! I'v only got my head round spending more than a tenner on boots!

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson