The Traveller Found Dead?

BoozleBear

I saw this rumoured on another site. Apparently mink are to blame.

If this is true, it's very sad as a great fish has died, but on the other hand it will hopefully make a bit more sport in catching a record breaking fish rather than the same one three times on the hop on a private stretch of water.

What's our man going to do now? Dust off his carp kit and go chasing Two-Tone?

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this rumoured on another site. Apparently mink are to blame.

If this is true, it's very sad as a great fish has died, but on the other hand it will hopefully make a bit more sport in catching a record breaking fish rather than the same one three times on the hop on a private stretch of water.

What's our man going to do now? Dust off his carp kit and go chasing Two-Tone?

Just woken up after Christmas? :rolleyes:

Rather old news...

See: http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.p...69701&st=60

And: http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=70872

C.

Edited by Chris Plumb

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

OI OI,

Iwas fishing somewhere can't remember now but in a bivvy opposit there was a guy fishing & shooting rats with a 0.22 air rifle & i just thought what a tw^t but having read this it might not be a bad idea for mink as well only where i fish there used to be a mink farm but those idiots let them loose in the name of christ knows what i dont think they knew a lot were caught a few came back on there own when hungry so perhap's i should find mine out replace the TWO springs & have some fun yyyyeeeeesssssss.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::clap2:

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

Seen loads of mink on the Kennet including a mother and 3 kits frolicking in a weir pool. Mate of mine had one surface in his swim with the deadbait he'd put out clamped between its jaws - thankfully it dropped it and didn't get hooked - would NOT have fancied trying to tackle that! :headhurt:

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Only going to get worse. Apparently you can't even use the tried and tested mink hounds to cull them now. The tree huggers have deemed the practise barbaric, and it's part of the ban on hunting with dogs. Legislation covering country matters being made by people whose closest 'country' experience is a walk round Hyde Park when the temperature's high enough. :wallbash:

Gary

><((((º>`·.¸¸´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><(((º>

.·´¯`·.><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´><((((º>

Only going to get worse. Apparently you can't even use the tried and tested mink hounds to cull them now. The tree huggers have deemed the practise barbaric, and it's part of the ban on hunting with dogs. Legislation covering country matters being made by people whose closest 'country' experience is a walk round Hyde Park when the temperature's high enough. :wallbash:

Doesnt the mink have every right (if not more) to catch fish?

"Pineapples are Evil"

"No really!, they are!!"

Doesnt the mink have every right (if not more) to catch fish?

No, not really. It's not an english species, doesn't belong here, not natural. Has about as much right to freshwater fish as a cormorant...that's zero by the way. :schmoll:

Gary

><((((º>`·.¸¸´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><(((º>

.·´¯`·.><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´><((((º>

No, not really. It's not an english species, doesn't belong here, not natural. Has about as much right to freshwater fish as a cormorant...that's zero by the way. :schmoll:

Whats it doing over here then?

Is it a case of the old grey squrril story?

"Pineapples are Evil"

"No really!, they are!!"

Guest Rabbit
Whats it doing over here then?

Is it a case of the old grey squrril story?

They escaped from mink farms years ago. North American species like the Grey Squirrel.