Speed Camera's

Paul_D

On a serious note. I am a big fan of the satnavs with updatable safety camera data base. I am not encouraging you to use it as a tool to speed, they are great at warning you of accident blackspots, they also warn you if your speed is creaping towards the limit. You can buy updatable safety camera datbase sat navs for as little as £100 pounds I have used a Garmin for the past 3 years,

the camera updates are available for £2 a month from http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Cameras I update mine every three months or if I am going on a long journey, they include mobile camera sites. Well worth the money especially when in a strange city. Also you have the benefit of actually not getting lost too.

It's better than trusting Mrs Longtrotter with the map ;)

Regards LT

Hiya, Well, I used to be a fan as well...but last week, on the Whittlets Roundabout, outside Ayr, a brand new upgraded, big RAB with lights, and DOTS to "Steer" you round the thing. A guy in a Mondeo, changed lanes, coming into mine, he was doing about 40mph...hit me, and kept going into Ayr....he eventually stopped, we exchanged details, then he apologised, and said he had got a new SatNav from his wife for Xmas, and (as he was from Wales) didnt know where he was, and was waiting for his satnav to speak to him,!!!!! :blink: as he hurtled over the RAB....changing lanes when he saw the sign for Ayr !!!!!

You couldnt make it up !!!! :blink: :blink: then, some lass phoned me the day after,asking me for my details, I asked who she was...Oh, she says, "We are claiming for HIS losses !!!!! " Bleedin halfwit salesmen !!!! Thing was, it was his own car, and as he hadnt had a bump for over 10 years, he upped his excess to £600 very recently, he was almost crying...Hee Hee :yeah: :yeah: That'll teach him.... :D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a serious note. I am a big fan of the satnavs with updatable safety camera data base. I am not encouraging you to use it as a tool to speed, they are great at warning you of accident blackspots, they also warn you if your speed is creaping towards the limit. You can buy updatable safety camera datbase sat navs for as little as £100 pounds I have used a Garmin for the past 3 years,

the camera updates are available for £2 a month from http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Cameras I update mine every three months or if I am going on a long journey, they include mobile camera sites. Well worth the money especially when in a strange city. Also you have the benefit of actually not getting lost too.

It's better than trusting Mrs Longtrotter with the map ;)

Regards LT

Thanks very much for the info. i have allways thought of them as a gimmic. regards

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Guest long-trotter

Norrie, glad you escaped unscathed. :thumbs: sadly Company reps are our bread & Butter when on Motorway patrol. Map reading, doing paperwork, weaving side to side due to lack of rest the list is endless, also we do not have look far for them they seem to find use or at least bring themselves to our attention.

Barry, the satnavs are well worth the money, as long as you use them safely, as Norrie's new friend in the Mondeo has found out too his cost. If the guy who hit Norrie would have carried on instead of turning at the sign the satnav would have guided him via another route. the beauty of satnav's is they recalculate your route if you take a wrong turn.

regards lads LT

Edited by long-trotter

Barry, the satnavs are well worth the money, as long as you use them safely, as Norrie's new friend in the Mondeo has found out too his cost. If the guy who hit Norrie would have carried on instead of turning at the sign the satnav would have guided him via another route. the beauty of satnav's is they recalculate your route if you take a wrong turn.

regards lads LT

Many thanks again for the information. i do an enormous amount of miles and this week inparticular i was working in the wilds of essex where i was downloading the maps before the journey. As well as safty camera information, the moving map appear to be a good idea. Thanks.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..