my boss got a tank

Andy_1984

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your bosses tanks volume works out at 177 gallons. Allow a few gallons for airspace at the top and he is probably looking at 170 gallons minimum. In other words 1700 pounds or 121 stone plus the weight of the aquarium and all its ancillary equipment. Say another couple of stone. It is a lot of weight to support and a lot of water if something goes wrong.

Guest Ferret1959
spoke to my dad says that the other thing is cost :wallbash:

Turn your computor off and it will cover the cost of running a fish tank. :rolleyes:

:D :D

Turn your computor off and it will cover the cost of running a fish tank. :rolleyes:

:D :D

no its not running the fish tank its buying one! :wallbash: ! we went to the fish shop today and on the way home we were talking about getting one and he said we might be able to put one in the loungue. he also said there might be some good second hand ones somwhere anbody no where? :schmoll:

Guest Ferret1959
no its not running the fish tank its buying one! :wallbash: ! we went to the fish shop today and on the way home we were talking about getting one and he said we might be able to put one in the loungue. he also said there might be some good second hand ones somwhere anbody no where? :schmoll:

Loads cheap ones on Ebay.

I've had some real bargains.

You just have to be prepaired to collect. :)

Where are you?

I've been in the building game for over 25 years...............steel beams??????????

Gotta be a Scot thing. :)

A four foot tank full of water ain't as heavy as it sounds.

Think of a twenty stone bloke, wouldn't you let him in your house in case he falls through the floor???????? :rolleyes:

:)

steel iron bronze gold what ever you know what i mean mr smaty pants :P.

but dont they have that in bath rooms ? we had this job at a huge office where they needed a ups system in it, i only think of the bathroom cause i seen the beams going in there for the battery to sit on

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

I think he is pushing the boat out, it certainly exceeds normal domestic suspended floor loadings, he could end up having a shower in the room below. I will check it out tomorrow and post loadings for anyone interested.

His shower seems to be an entertainment room so he could well be spending some time in there :rolleyes::D I guess he has been watching one or two of these tv programs showing dream homes being developed. I have seen aquariums used in bathroom walls before but as stated here not 100% suitable.

However I think this is the least of his problems.

If he purchased this aquarium direct from the manufacturer water quality etc would not be an issue as far as they are concerned, some times buying cheap wholesale rather than retail can lead to all sorts of problems if your new to fish keeping, thats why so many end up on Ebay.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

• 2 weeks later...

just spoke to them about it, they seem to have it all very well thought out. to feed the fish they have a trap door in the room above. the guy who fitted it into the wall i know he knows about weight so i think its preyt much well covered, its just fish maintenance they need to know about.

they keep trying to quiz me, one of which "why does a fish float upside down when its dead" i shot him right down as he thought i would not beable to answer it

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk