• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#51 Guest_Ferret1959_*

Guest_Ferret1959_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2007 - 10:44 PM

Nice one.
Glad you got it up n running.
I'm still working on my latest set up and hope to take some more pictures soon.

Due to the size of my tank I may have to apply to the EA for a premit to transfer fish :lol: :lol:

#52 noodle996

noodle996

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:pike perch chub generally anything that will take lures and big sky fishing

Posted 12 May 2007 - 11:48 AM

p.s. you can buy bacteria that you can seed your tank/filter with!

yes you can but a cheaper way is to get hold of some water from an established tank, I have a small common and a couple of rudd and they do grow quickly perch sometimes you struggle sometimes not i Know ppl who have kept them and its a 50/50 chance with them seems to be a species that likes its own company and not much else if you want the best results with them, when aquiring carp try and get british bred pond fish as some shops sell the more recent strains we had f1's for sale around here and you dont want them in a tank best bet is to get hold of ones around 1.5 to 2 inches if you can legally get them from a pond do that if not get to a decent aquaria and get them to source them for you.

#53 VSTOL Lures

VSTOL Lures

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, target shooting, cars, drinking

Posted 12 May 2007 - 05:09 PM

Anyone setting up a community tank should try the community creator on www.thinkfish.co.uk its a very useful tool for beginners (although by no means definitive).
Visit http://www.vstol.vstore.ca UK based suppliers of artificial lures for sea, game and coarse fishing!