BAG LIMITS BEING IMPOSED

Simon Everett

I say good on yer Simon for even bringing the subject up!

If you take the time to look at the other sections on anglersnet you will see a "Conservation & Politics" section where this has been discussed, disected, analyzed and argued about at length already.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you take the time to look at the other sections on anglersnet you will see a "Conservation & Politics" section where this has been discussed, disected, analyzed and argued about at length already.

As you're so far ahead of the game, perhaps you wouldn't mind saving us some time by telling us what plan of action was decided upon then?

As you're so far ahead of the game, perhaps you wouldn't mind saving us some time by telling us what plan of action was decided upon then?

Climb out of your little box and read the various viewpoints yourself.

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?showforum=37

The thread is here - http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.p...=71246&st=0 and well worth reading for the background and a variety of viewpoints expressed.

Perhaps this thread should be more aptly titled Bag limits being PROPOSED though, as at this moment, no new byelaw can be simply imposed without consultation and this is where we will need to be active - whether you are for or against.

Cheers

Steve

Edited by steve pitts

Thank you david - and Steve Pitts for clarifying. MJB - some of us don't look at the rest of Anglers Net - many of us in fact. I had no idea there wasa conservation place. BUT, it shows that these things need posting EVERYWHERE, not just in their own little niche, where only a section of the informed read about them.

If we are to succeed with the BMP and other RSA issues, like Ian Burrett's SOS campaign, it is the ill-informed that we will need to have galvanised into action to back up our position. Somepeople need it spelling out to them, others need the letter writing for them, then there are those like you, and Steve Pitts, who are well up on everything with all the figures at their fingertips - we need you lot to guide the rest of us, but please don't think because it has been said once, somewhere, that everyone will have seen it.

I had it by private email and immediately got onto the case of letting as many people as possible know about the situation. Was I wrong? If so I won't do any more.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Thank you david - and Steve Pitts for clarifying. MJB - some of us don't look at the rest of Anglers Net - many of us in fact. I had no idea there wasa conservation place. BUT, it shows that these things need posting EVERYWHERE, not just in their own little niche, where only a section of the informed read about them.

If we are to succeed with the BMP and other RSA issues, like Ian Burrett's SOS campaign, it is the ill-informed that we will need to have galvanised into action to back up our position. Somepeople need it spelling out to them, others need the letter writing for them, then there are those like you, and Steve Pitts, who are well up on everything with all the figures at their fingertips - we need you lot to guide the rest of us, but please don't think because it has been said once, somewhere, that everyone will have seen it.

I had it by private email and immediately got onto the case of letting as many people as possible know about the situation. Was I wrong? If so I won't do any more.

Please keep letting us know Simon,I'm willing to do all it takes to save our sport :thumbs: if other people are not or just want to give a hard time to those that do then they certainly won't be fishing with me :nono:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Of course you weren't wrong Simon - I'm sorry if my post came over that way.

As you say, since the 'political and conservation' stuff has been given its own section, then a lot of these sorts of developments have been missed by those who seldom drop into that section of the forum, so spreading the word here can't do anything but good.

Cheers

Steve

Simon,

Keep posting here, the moderators will only end up moving it to the conservation forum at some point, as it's a policy they have adopted. Regardless of how big you believe Kayak fishing to be, you are still a minority amongst anglers, just as I am with my SWFFing. The difference is that I appear to be interested in what other anglers are saying/thinking. Why weren't you spreading the 'gospel' to all anglers if you feel the issue is so important? I didn't see you posting the same information on the Sea Angling section.

Simon,

Keep posting here, the moderators will only end up moving it to the conservation forum at some point, as it's a policy they have adopted.

Hi Martin

A good point.

I would sincerely hope that would depend on the reaction to this and other posts, which are deemed to be of the 'Conservation and Political' genre.

The C&P section was set up when anglers on the general sea angling section got all cobby because of the number of posts related to these sorts of issues.

Some felt that C&P subject were infringing on the tackle talk, fishing reports and general chat.

Surely; If the kayaking fraternity and SWFFing guys are more tollerant and wish to be informed, then there is scope for posts like Simon's to remain in situ.

Some of the reactions and indeed the post itself, indicate that important subjects, like bag limits restrictions, which are likely to affect everyone, deserve a wider airing because everyone doesn't visit the dedicated C&P forum.

Knowledge is power - as some bright spark once said

Cheers

Steve

Climb out of your little box and read the various viewpoints yourself.

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?showforum=37

Yeah, yeah I know there's a lot of talk, and I am slowly working my way through a lot of the posts trying to separate the informed, intelligent comment from the cynical negativity and pathetic personal abuse that features regularly over on the sea fishing forum. But I still haven't come across much in the way of concerted action. As a consequence of Simon's efforts, I have put my name to a couple of petitions recently (one for tope, which directly affects my fishing, and I'm afraid I can't remember the other one, but it seemed like a good idea at the time, if somewhat implausible). So, as someone with not alot of experience and knowledge of the issues, I greatly appreciate his efforts to highlight the problems and provide accessible avenues for turning opinions into action. I realise I am likely to be sneered at as being naive, but my opinions are slowly forming and eventually I will have a clearer picture. But, in the mean time I will have to rely on more experienced and patient minds to help me find out what I need to know. Your "work it out for yourself mate" attitude says more about you than it does about me.