BAG LIMITS BEING IMPOSED

Simon Everett

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, it say's I make my own mind up, rather than allow others to make it up for me.

Congratulations, but what have you got against sharing your insights, and what do you do to try and make a difference? Seriously, I’m interested. You may be a major mover and shaker on the political front for all I know. But all I’ve heard is criticism so far.

MJB, if kayaking is such a minor aspect, why does it bother you that we talk conservation here - even if between Leon's email and me writing i got it a bit muddled - the hot whisky inspiration was starting to take effect by then I am afraid, I was writing a boat test up.

I will hold my hand up and admit, I got the detail wrong - but the gist of it was right. I don't mind being put right - like Steve did, but being told I have put it in the wrong section and being belittled because of it only causes rifts within the angling world when we desperately need unison, solidarity or something. a gentle prod would have sufficed you know, I don't mind that. Even so, as Paintfly has pointed out - I had forgotten why I had given up going on the sea angling section - but now it comes back to me. It was because of the rather undignified back biting that goes on. It makes things a little unpleasant. Over here we have a go at each other, but never maliciously. I had a go at Paintfly over catch and release bass - it wasn't acrimonious though and we still go fishing together sometimes. We just agree to differ - nicely over a pint or a glass of Rioja.

I have no doubt the conservation section is way ahead - it will filter through to us here eventually and we will do our bit. Kayaks aren't that fast you know - which is why they appeal to their owners.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Thanks Paintfly,re:post# 20

I'd been mulling over this last night, sat down this morning to type it out and you've saved me the trouble. I agree with everything you said-the "climb out of your little box" comment really got my hackles up.

I've done as you-when Simon or Leon have highlighted a topic I've then gone on to research it more thoroughly and added my name alongside other anglers-shore,boat or ice hole!

It would be a shame if similar topics were moved as I would most likely then miss them-and it's my choice as to which forums I decide to visit.

Enough of this now,those comments have received more attention than the original subject,

Jon.

Edited by musket

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

I realise I am likely to be sneered at as being naive, but my opinions are slowly forming and eventually I will have a clearer picture. But, in the mean time I will have to rely on more experienced and patient minds to help me find out what I need to know. Your "work it out for yourself mate" attitude says more about you than it does about me.

Hopefully you'll find some useful information, and up to date news on most issues of importance at:

http://www.sacn.org.uk/Useful-Information-and-Contacts/

http://www.sacn.org.uk

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Congratulations, but what have you got against sharing your insights, and what do you do to try and make a difference? Seriously, I’m interested. You may be a major mover and shaker on the political front for all I know. But all I’ve heard is criticism so far.

Can only quote "Pete" from big brother! :thumbdown:

We all know Simons intentions are good Kev!! :thumbs:

Dave