We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Scrap the planned vehicle tracking and road pricing policy.

deanbmw

1.30 per mile you gotta be chockin!

I don't know where they get that figure from Andy. At that rate it would cost me more to go to work and back each week (70 miles round trip) than I actually earn and that is not counting petrol, insurance, wear and tear.

£1248 to drive up to Balloch and back once a year to see my mum? I may as well buy a horse! They would pobably have a tax on them too, horses fart methane :rolleyes:

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spot on Ken. I have loads of relatives who work and live in the country, funnily enough all work in either agriculture or for the water. :thumbs: :thumbs:

rickerstuck is obviously one of these townies who has no idea of rural affairs. :wallbash:

I live near a town now, but i havent done all my life. I used to live in rural places. Infact my parent still do, So before you start trying predict what type of person i am or what sort of ideas i have i strongly suggest you get your facts right.

What i have been saying all along is that for the government to bring this type of thing in then, they would have to look at many factors. The public transport infrastructre, the viabilty of the scheme, how they could make it fair. what exemptions would be in place. what would they do with the extra revenue, where will they be able to cut taxes for the average joe.

And Cory, if you got relatives in the country who work in agriculture it proberbly wouldnt make i bot of difference for them. The money they save in red desiel would more than compensate for the little a tractor is on the road.

And am i so wrong to be thinking of our kids futures and grand kids futures whilst everyone else goes around poisening them?

I live near a town now, but i havent done all my life. I used to live in rural places. Infact my parent still do, So before you start trying predict what type of person i am or what sort of ideas i have i strongly suggest you get your facts right.

What i have been saying all along is that for the government to bring this type of thing in then, they would have to look at many factors. The public transport infrastructre, the viabilty of the scheme, how they could make it fair. what exemptions would be in place. what would they do with the extra revenue, where will they be able to cut taxes for the average joe.

And Cory, if you got relatives in the country who work in agriculture it proberbly wouldnt make i bot of difference for them. The money they save in red desiel would more than compensate for the little a tractor is on the road.

And am i so wrong to be thinking of our kids futures and grand kids futures whilst everyone else goes around poisening them?

You really are ignorant. You can't do a 90 mile round trip to do shopping etc in a tractor.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

I keep seeing £1.30 per mile being bandied around as what it's going to cost us all to go anywhere, but that will only apply at peak times on major routes.

It could be as little as 2p per mile elsewhere.

Let's just keep things in perspective and forget the sensationalism - the tabloid press does it much better and is also easier for me to ignore. ;)

You really are ignorant. You can't do a 90 mile round trip to do shopping etc in a tractor.

He does not know a lot about anything including red diesel, the price is going up plus it is being made a VAT item, plus there is a maximum distance you can drive your little red tractor, as my friend Ian found out to his cost when he was caught towing a cattle box nineteen miles away from his farm :rolleyes:

This whole road toll deal is a heap of cr*p, would be far better to increase fuel tax and have done with it, but as stated earlier you can't tax what you ain't got, this road toll deal is aimed well into the future, it would be impossible to bring it in within five years as a working system and would more than likely take at least ten years, just in time for peak oil issues and lots of alternative propulsion units. :rolleyes:

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

And Ken i will talk about what i know about, Again you seem very quick and making very wrong pre judgments on people. Only very few people on here know me, know about my family etc.

one thing i do know, in the few months i have been re-registered on this site there seems to be a new thing where you cant try and have a intelligent argument with some people without being called ignorant, thick, un-educated. which is a rather bad thing.

Edited by ricksteruk

is it an american ploy to watch us? ,what sattelites will be doing the watching.

the next thing youl be crawling around the M25 and suddely your surrounded by cops and arrested on some trumped up terrorism charge ,its just a means of control not planet saving.

i see the goverment are pushing to punish innocent citizens now (innocent as not found guilty in a court of law) with draconian measures on your life .no not terrorism laws you need an excuse for luckily (if the gov had its way without an excuse) but under a crime banner!!

like stopping citizens travelling abroad because they may be naughty at a football game its now stopping you doing things because you maybe a criminal.

a few more laws pushed through and were all be inprisoned in our homes giving our rulers far more room on the road and in the sky for their pleasures. :rolleyes:

ofcourse once were not able to get newspapers and rely on government censored tv media just amagine what fun our rulers can have then!!!

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

And Ken i will talk about what i know about, Again you seem very quick and making very wrong pre judgments on people. Only very few people on here know me, know about my family etc.

one thing i do know, in the few months i have been re-registered on this site there seems to be a new thing where you cant try and have a intelligent argument with some people without being called ignorant, thick, un-educated. which is a rather bad thing.

You posted "And Cory, if you got relatives in the country who work in agriculture it proberbly wouldnt make i bot of difference for them. The money they save in red desiel would more than compensate for the little a tractor is on the road."

No one mentioned tractors or red diesel. There is not a lot of call for tractors on a Scottish Hill farms, nor do the water board use them a lot up our way.

Kit like this is much better when you need to climb up 2,500 feet mountains with bottomless peat bogs.

Edited by corydoras

You posted "And Cory, if you got relatives in the country who work in agriculture it proberbly wouldnt make i bot of difference for them. The money they save in red desiel would more than compensate for the little a tractor is on the road."

No one mentioned tractors or red diesel. There is not a lot of call for a tractore on a Scottish Hill farm, nor do the waterboard use them a lot up our way.

Kit like this is much better when you need to climb up 2,500 feet mountains with bottomless peat bogs.