HELP! MY POLE'S STUCK

Paul_2005

When Liam got his stuck we were advised to use 2 slices of bread to grip with. It really works and you do get a good grip to enable you to turn & push at the same time. You need 2 people so that you turn in opposite directions.

Good luck, we never did get Liams apart :(

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Two sections of my pole are locked solid. Does anybody know any tricks to seperate them?

Sensible answers please!

Cheers

Paul :schmoll:

Don't use WD40 or any other sort of moist substance --- you'll make matters worse.

Three people are needed to achieve an easy(though possibly lengthy) result. One on each section to pull DIRECT ---no twisting.Guy in the middle puts his hand round the joint and as the other two pull (direct) he rotates the joint like a starting handle. Keep going --- it sometimes takes ages. If one of your helpers tries a sly twist there is a very good chance of the pole splitting.

No need to worry about the helpers falling on their butt because it won't spring apart --- the guy doing the rotating will feel it give a little bit at a time

Guest Ferret1959
Don't use WD40 or any other sort of moist substance --- you'll make matters worse.

Three people are needed to achieve an easy(though possibly lengthy) result. One on each section to pull DIRECT ---no twisting.Guy in the middle puts his hand round the joint and as the other two pull (direct) he rotates the joint like a starting handle. Keep going --- it sometimes takes ages. If one of your helpers tries a sly twist there is a very good chance of the pole splitting.

No need to worry about the helpers falling on their butt because it won't spring apart --- the guy doing the rotating will feel it give a little bit at a time

I'll second that.:)

Moist = wet/damp from water. WD40 has no water and in fact, will displace any water that happens to be present.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Moist = wet/damp from water. WD40 has no water and in fact, will displace any water that happens to be present.

That is probably a scientific fact ------ the practical fact (assessed from considerable experience) is that WD40 locks up the joints even more firmly. Probably the vacuum,or hydraulic effect,or whatever it is that locks the joints, appears to lengthen the amount of time that is needed to crank the pole parts to get them separated.

My notes tell me that I have helped 14 people to separate their jammed poles since 1991,so I think I may have some idea of what goes on.

Sorry if my post came across differently than it was meant.

Not saying your method is bad. In fact, it looks very good and would probably be the 2nd thing I'd try to separate two pole sections.

Not saying WD40 is good for poles - never tried it and likely never will. I own a pole (a gift) that is seldom used and know one other person who owns one so my pole expertise is very close to zero and likely to remain that way.

Just trying to avoid any confusion about WD40 vs. moisture.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President