One for Chesters!

Dick Dastardly

Chesters1,

Achievement is some task oriented accomplishment that OTHERS judge. IMO it is a mistake to divide your life up into pieces, Achievement defines your whole life. Isn't that some sort of contribution to society or immortality?

Phone

its far from complete ,it would annoy me not finishing completely the entire history and the pictures to go with it and some bugger pointing out i had missed a bit

OTOH as a railway historian friend of mine pointed out, "the best way to acquire all the available information is to publish some of it"

Any history is almost certain to be incomplete - publish it as "A history of...." rather than "The complete history of....."

• Like 1

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Something would be better than nothing.

Not being unknown for me to cut off my nose to spite my face ,half doing something is worse than not trying

It will be the complete history or nothing at all but i am willing to sell what i know and own for someone else to carry on ,my achievement will be helping someone else to do it fully ,or contribute to their failure ,i am happy with both outcomes

Or is it the fact i might actually achieve something in life ,not sure i want that that means more hard work

Another chap visited me some time ago with same idea (Barrie Welham put him onto me),perhaps i might poke holes in his failure to get it right or get beaten to the post ,my achievement will be not achieving anything LOL

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Chesters1,

You are indeed an odd duck that I greatly admire. Often true of people who are atychiphobic. My suspicions are you wouldn't finish the book regardless.

What is the most read book in the Western world? Do you think it is even close to perfect or complete? Just put in a few pages that say "intentionally left blank". That will protect you from the critics.

Phone

I had to look up atychiphobic ,failure is my best friend, hopefully if half the world is right next time round might be different but i doubt half the world is right so i am prepared to die a failure ,if ofcourse i can get dying finished correctly wink but i hope that day is long ahead but i bet its easier than this damn fool thing i tried to do and...?

Got no fear of critics they have influenced my hole life ,my fear is not doing something i wanted to do without a real excuse not to finish

Unfortunately when you get all the common reels the job gets harder ,my best bet was boot (yard) sales to find the rare ones as ebay has many new intrepid collectors (look up carbon seastreak!) so their pockets are deeper but now i cannot own a car its all i have to try and finish ,the higher the number of collectors the higher the price and the longer i have to wait until the price drops so i can afford to buy it ,simple supply and demand even on historically cheap tat

Ps 5 grand will get me a motorcycle combo to get me (and the mrs)out of this damned village and on the hunt again,cheques payable to mr nasty please LOL

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

No buses on a sunday or early enough midweek for the wednesday boot fare ,time i get 2 buses to get there its over and the mrs has a problem walking to the nearest bus stop a mile away ,lucky we dont live on the other side of the village

I said i was willing to push her in the wheelbarrow but for some reason she declined ,mind you pushing her inna wheelchair up that hill almost put me in one

Edited by chesters1

Maybe its a flaw in my personality but NOTHING would pee me off more than seeing someone else publish MY work that I had sold/given to them to finish! Im with Dave publish what you have, mention the missing info and be damned! He's right all those who wouldn't contribute/let you have material will soon be coming out of the wood work once the books published and you can then do a "revised" edition! Limited market admittedly but I think important to those that will buy and MORE IMPORTANTLY a tribute/record to the effort and years you've put in researching. Give up now Chesters and it like the company and so much "angling history" just dies and that IMO would be a great shame.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!