Newbie Lady Angler

CrazyKitty

Afternoon All,

Quick introduction. I'm Max, a lady angler and I live in the South of England. I started up fishing again last year after a very long break. I'm just getting the hang of coarse fishing and I love it!

I will be busting your brains for advice, so hold on to your hats! :wacko:

Cheers

Max

• Like 1

A warm welcome to Anglers' Net Max. Glad to have you with us.

Questions are always welcome and the more, the merrier.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

At this time we only have a few female members (long time members) who aren't posting much.

I met my wife at a carp fish-in about 20 years ago. We were both happily married to other folks at the time but about a year after my wife died, I hooked up my caravan to visit with my long-time lady friend (whose husband had also passed away several years before) and do some fishing. I never left. :) For some reason, female US anglers aren't seen as unusual as seems to be the case in the UK.

At any rate, you are most welcome here and we have a goodly group of anglers who can probably offer good advice on most coarse fishing situations.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi Newt,

Hopefully we can get some more ladies on the forum, that would be nice!

I'm quite familiar with float fishing, but my next learning curve is ledgering. I've bought myself a ledger, and already have hook, weights etc, but I can't find a definitive list of things I need to buy to set myself up. I have the essentials; rod, reel, nets etc, but when it comes to hook lengths and how to tie things together to actually start ledgering I can't seem to find much info on it. I've watched You Tube vids but again, if somebody could help me with an actual shopping list of stuff I need to buy, it would really help.

I'm also learning about baiting the ledger and ground baiting.

Have a good one,

Max

If you start a new topic in the Coarse section, you'll get more information since more people will see the question.

As an added note, you might want to have a look at the recent topics in the Coarse section with "Wingham" in the title. Every year in Spring, a long-time forum member named Steve Burke opens his fishery for a long weekend to any Anglers' Net members who want to fish. Its in Kent so probably not much of a distance from you. I traveled a bit over 4000 miles to attend a few years back and it was well worth the trip.

It is a truly beautiful fishery and the folks who attend are beyond friendly and very welcoming to newcomers.

Edited by Newt
added info about Wingham