AnglersNet Seti@Home Team

corydoras

might want to check bios for what temp the fans will kick in at, might be set far too low, then again might not be and you should get decent fans, i find ones that fit around the cpu work prety nicely and they are huge which is a bonis, how well does heat escape from the cpu can you feel heat coming from the back.

with my cpu its prety funky and works like an exhaust fited to the top of the cpu is a L shaped frame with a fan on the lower part of the L then another one on the side of the L with some plastic covering it (like an exhaust) the heat has only one way to go and thats the way the exhaust is pointing which is out the back of the computer, i can melt marshmallows with it.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just one more question.

Just checked BIOS settings CPU Warning Temp is set at 70 C/ 158 F

CPU1 Temp is at 55 C/131 F

CPU2 Temp is at 60 C/140 F

Do these figures seem ok, have never touched them

many thanks

If you can lie on the floor without holding on, then you’re not drunk.

I Can Only Please One Person A Day, Today Isn't Your Day, Tomorrow Isn't Looking Good Either.

just one more question.

Just checked BIOS settings CPU Warning Temp is set at 70 C/ 158 F

CPU1 Temp is at 55 C/131 F

CPU2 Temp is at 60 C/140 F

Do these figures seem ok, have never touched them

many thanks

Yes those temperature are OK, but when you are in the BIOS Menus the processor is not doing any real work. Do you know what motherboard you have? If you let me know I will see if I can find a utility that will monitor stuff like CPU temp, fan speeds etc. in real time. I will gaurantee that you will see the temperature rise quickly when you run SETI. You could go to this site http://www.sisoftware.co.uk/ and download a program called Sandra. Sandra is the techies freind :thumbs:

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

No way to be really sure what temp is considered dangeriously high for a CPU without knowing which specific CPU. The newer ones seem fine running hot enough to have fried some older ones.

However, the difference between yours is significant and indicates possible problems.

That said, mine is running at 42ºC right now and has been at 100% for a day or two.

As noted by others, you may well have too little air circulation inside the case and especially across that 60º processor.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

You could go to this site http://www.sisoftware.co.uk/ and download a program called Sandra. Sandra is the techies freind :thumbs:

i see you like it then cory ;)

there are some fan control programs where it will monitor the cpu temp and the fans, you can set how fast the fans are going aswel so say its idle just now you can rev it up a little bit to help keep it down from the start

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

i see you like it then cory ;)

there are some fan control programs where it will monitor the cpu temp and the fans, you can set how fast the fans are going aswel so say its idle just now you can rev it up a little bit to help keep it down from the start

Ah yes Sandra can be a wee doll sometimes.

One I used to like a lot was MBM but this has not been updated since 2004 so it may not work with some modern mobos or chipsets. Very good if your machine was built in 2004 or earlier. It supports more than 1500 mobos. Melpen you might have some software like this on a CD or DVD that came with your PC.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Motherboard is a MSI K7D master L.

Just looked at AMD website, believe spec temp max is 90 C ?

If you can lie on the floor without holding on, then you’re not drunk.

I Can Only Please One Person A Day, Today Isn't Your Day, Tomorrow Isn't Looking Good Either.

Motherboard is a MSI K7D master L.

Just looked at AMD website, believe spec temp max is 90 C ?

It may be but you don't want yours getting anywhere near that if you can help it. Now that I know what mobo you have I'll have a scout around to see what I can find.

Melpen

Go to http://www.hmonitor.com/ and download Hardware Sensors Monitor. This is nice to use and it supports your board.

cant find the team url can you post it here please

Edited by pumphypete

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif