AnglersNet Seti@Home Team

corydoras

Further to billy50000's post titled what does your cpu do when your not using it:) I have taken the liberty of creating a SETI@Home team called AnglersNet. Those of you who run SETI at home are welcome to join. With more than 10,000 members we should be able to amass a good amount of work units between us. So far only myself and billy50000 are members so please join up, the more the merrier.

For those not in the know SETI@Home is a collaborative computing project that uses Internet-connected computers in the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI). You can participate by running a free program that downloads and analyzes radio telescope data.

To participate you need to do two things. You need to download and install the BOINC software and then choose which projects that you want to participate in. The software can be downloaded from here. There are versions for Windows, Linux and MacOSX. If searching for ET is not your bag, then there are plenty of other projects that you can donate your spare CPU cycles to. There is a full list of BOINC projects here, and there is everything from climate prediction to searching for cures to HIV and Cancer. You can run as many projects as you like with the BOINC client.

If you need to know more, or have any problems then post your questions in this topic and I will help as much as I can.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the purpose of an AN team with Seti compared to just joining up as an individual? :unsure:

If I join up do I download all the Seti stuff first and then join the AN team or what? :blink:

What's the purpose of an AN team with Seti compared to just joining up as an individual? :unsure:

If I join up do I download all the Seti stuff first and then join the AN team or what? :blink:

There is no special purpose ajay, it just adds a wee bit more interest. Just download the client, register with the SETI@Home project and then join the team. :thumbs:

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Three of us now.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

At the moment I can only see 3 team members billy50000, Si and myself. No Newt or ajay :unsure:

Edited by corydoras

Could be that neither Newt or myself have any credit yet, (relatively speaking of course ;) ).

That is it. I only see members with credit on the Team List. All the others have accumulated credits in the past.

That makes 5 out of 10,428 members. Surely we can do better than that?

Hi all

ive just spotted this topic after replying in my old post doh:)

its good to be on a team and it does make it more fun:)

im still crunching away :)its alittle more competetive now:)crunch crunch FASTER DAMN you computer :)

welcome to the team all, its kinda fun this:)

steve

sod everyone else,do it anyway:)

sod duck season lets have tvla season!

capita beware(thiefs with badges)

e7b81d_666666.gif

anphotologo.jpg