Warren Pond, Epping Forest

BoozleBear

Have any of you lot fished Warren Pond in Epping Forest?

Thinking of trying it on Sunday. Have been told it's free fishing, that they have Tench (although not worth targeting this time of year), carp, roach and perch.

Any suggestions of methods, baits, and what's best this time of year would be most helpful.

Thanks,

Simon

Edited by BoozleBear

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

Never fished Warren pond but have fished Baldwins Hill Pond and Goldings Hill pond.

I like Baldwins pond, it has a good depth and plenty of fish in a very picturesque surroundings deepish in the forest.

Goldings pond is meant to be good and has recently been totally dredged out, I see kids fishing this one and I know they catch.

Have you thought about Connaught water, opposite side of the road to Warren Pond?

If you need any more info I'd be glad to help you out on these ponds.

cheers

• 10 months later...
Never fished Warren pond but have fished Baldwins Hill Pond and Goldings Hill pond.

I like Baldwins pond, it has a good depth and plenty of fish in a very picturesque surroundings deepish in the forest.

Goldings pond is meant to be good and has recently been totally dredged out, I see kids fishing this one and I know they catch.

Have you thought about Connaught water, opposite side of the road to Warren Pond?

If you need any more info I'd be glad to help you out on these ponds.

cheers

was looking for info about connought waters and come across this on google if youcan could help me out on these please think ive fished them before about 13 years ago was dead then. could you let me know what these are like if your not to busy connaught waters/highames park lake/ wake valley pond/ warren pond/ baldwins hill pond/goldings hill pond like i said think ive fished them but not sure which ones are which thanks for your help lee

• 8 months later...

Just found this thread, where exactly is Warren Pond ? I've found all the others mentioned.

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

Lol, saw that site but I can't see Warren pond along there on multimap, google, etc at all. I've found the others, it's just that one that I can't seem to track.

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

Lol, saw that site but I can't see Warren pond along there on multimap, google, etc at all. I've found the others, it's just that one that I can't seem to track.

Did you click the 'show map' option?

John.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I have not fished or been to Warren Pond for over thirty years but unless it has moved it is over the road and down the slope from the Royal Forest Hotel (providing the pub is still there) used to be next to a tennis club. Caught some good tench there night fishing years ago.

• 4 weeks later...
Have any of you lot fished Warren Pond in Epping Forest?

Thinking of trying it on Sunday. Have been told it's free fishing, that they have Tench (although not worth targeting this time of year), carp, roach and perch.

Any suggestions of methods, baits, and what's best this time of year would be most helpful.

Thanks,

Simon

Fished Warren Pond about a month ago , a nice little spot with about five places to fish from. Pulled out a small roach within two minutes of first cast , ended up with a bag of them , all on maggot , tried corn for a bit but no joy.