A Nice Catch of Mullet

What a b....dy good point, missed that, so all some one needs to do is to overturn a policy that ain't working , simple?

Hi Barry,

The strange thing is that when anyone touches on the real reason the fishing is in such a mess, everyone goes quiet or changes the subject.

JB

John Brennan and Michele Wheeler, Whitby

http://www.chieftaincharters.com

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Barry,

The strange thing is that when anyone touches on the real reason the fishing is in such a mess, everyone goes quiet or changes the subject.

JB

Totally agree with that. cheers John. I won't go quiet only when i get shot down in flames, not very often though. This is not a bad mullet topic either,

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Back to Mullet for a mo, saw a small shoal of about 10 fish swimming around Torquay Harbour this morning, is spring springing???

If I ever get the hang of it they'll bloody well ban it!

By the way anyone fancy sponsoring me in the WSOP?

Right sorry if this seems a stupid question but how can we call what we have a common fisheries policy when the rules seem to apply to those countries who want to accept them and then only the parts that suit them?

This is the gist i get from all this that once again UK gets f*cked over with British fishermen (commercial and otherwise) getting the brunt of 'restrictions' while as the commercial boys get their quotas sold out from under them the Froggy and Belgian blo*dyf*ckinmassive trawlers take just about as much as they want and to whatever size they want.

So from reading between the lines it just may be the fault of commercial fishing that stocks are in decline just not our own boats!

Any pearls of wisdome?

Right sorry if this seems a stupid question but how can we call what we have a common fisheries policy when the rules seem to apply to those countries who want to accept them and then only the parts that suit them?

This is the gist i get from all this that once again UK gets f*cked over with British fishermen (commercial and otherwise) getting the brunt of 'restrictions' while as the commercial boys get their quotas sold out from under them the Froggy and Belgian blo*dyf*ckinmassive trawlers take just about as much as they want and to whatever size they want.

So from reading between the lines it just may be the fault of commercial fishing that stocks are in decline just not our own boats!

Any pearls of wisdome?

The only thing i can think of is that there is not enough to go around. The eu is too big in relation to what little is in the water.

PS roryh, i bet they was cod trying to hide from the sw nets.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

I am thinking that this piece of emotive opinion (and lets face it, thats all it is being as far as i can see being a letter to a paper rather than journalism or scientific research) only serves to pour fuel on the fires and doesnt help either side resolve anything.

Thanks for that it was very interesting. How have jersey hemmed themselves in, the new treaty is of benifit to both and also guernsey commercial? I don't know of licences issued or denied however if we were to look at all of the commercial licences issued for all countries, i bet it would make interesting reading to see how some came to be issued and some not.

Hows the latest illegal fishing saga getting on has it been resloved yet? The 28 tonne bass one.

Have the Je & GU commercials benefitted? Dunno, although at least they have a proper set of limits to work with. Jersey have recently offered to allow GU boats into their waters in an effort to get Gsy to allow them into theirs, however the GU boats aren't bothered as they stand to lose out more. As to who got what licenses, I don't know the full story on that one, but yes, it would make interesting reading. It would only be Je and UK boats that would be affected, you might find some stuff in the archives on www.thisisguernsey.com . I know the big Plymouth pair team didn't get one, but that's probably due to them being too powerful.

The 28 tonne thing - apparently no rules were broken, which begs the point of what the heck is the landing limit for if it can be circumvented so easily!! Having said that, they've been fishing for bream since then, so there might be something in it.

Your letter was in the press yesterday, do you actually read what I post on here? :wallbash: The pair team might have done well, but the majority of GU boats are potters, and they would lose out bigstyle if the Jsy boats were allowed in. Still, it keeps the subject in people's minds. :thumbs:

Edited by Toerag

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com

Have the Je & GU commercials benefitted? Dunno, although at least they have a proper set of limits to work with. Jersey have recently offered to allow GU boats into their waters in an effort to get Gsy to allow them into theirs, however the GU boats aren't bothered as they stand to lose out more. As to who got what licenses, I don't know the full story on that one, but yes, it would make interesting reading. It would only be Je and UK boats that would be affected, you might find some stuff in the archives on www.thisisguernsey.com . I know the big Plymouth pair team didn't get one, but that's probably due to them being too powerful.

The 28 tonne thing - apparently no rules were broken, which begs the point of what the heck is the landing limit for if it can be circumvented so easily!! Having said that, they've been fishing for bream since then, so there might be something in it.

Your letter was in the press yesterday, do you actually read what I post on here? :wallbash: The pair team might have done well, but the majority of GU boats are potters, and they would lose out bigstyle if the Jsy boats were allowed in. Still, it keeps the subject in people's minds. :thumbs:

Yes i do read your posts Toerag and i do thank you for the information. I have only time to scan this post at present. regards.