The wife has given a command

smalltincup

This morning i asked my wife if she could give me hand putting some new line on a couple of my baitrunners, the answer i was given can not be written here. :bones:

Now i have been given instructions to go and buy a machine to help me put the line on a reel with out her help, no arguments from me over that. :clap2:

How ever i have no idea what to buy :help:

I know that these little gadets exist but that is about all, any help or guidance would be very helpfull

p.s My wife has agreed to help me this time, but i have been warned, something about she does not want to keep burning her fingers while i am spooling up. :headhurt::whistling:

Thanks

STC

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!

This morning i asked my wife if she could give me hand putting some new line on a couple of my baitrunners, the answer i was given can not be written here. :bones:

Now i have been given instructions to go and buy a machine to help me put the line on a reel with out her help, no arguments from me over that. :clap2:

How ever i have no idea what to buy :help:

I know that these little gadets exist but that is about all, any help or guidance would be very helpfull

p.s My wife has agreed to help me this time, but i have been warned, something about she does not want to keep burning her fingers while i am spooling up. :headhurt::whistling:

Thanks

STC

One simple solution I have seen suggested is to drop your spool into a bucket of water to spool up.

www.basspro.com and search for Line Winder

My favorite (and I've used mine for a few years now) is this one. Berkley is even offering a rebate so the rig is less expensive that usual and it usually is not bad. Note that the rebate dates are US style so mm/dd/yy

Berkley® Portable Line Spooling Station - $27 & a $5 rebate

59007.jpg

If that one is too large or too expensive, this is a great option as well. I carry one in my bag for longish fishing trips as a 'just in case' thing. $10

51324.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi Guys

Cheers for the suggestions, gunna looking to the Berkley one, the others look really cool but a little to much for me i am afraid but thanks guys.

My wife also sends her thanks

Cheers

STC

Cheers Newt

Had a look at it and it just what I need. Have ordered one and hopefully it will be with me mid week, that way my wifes fingers wil not longer take a pounding.

Cheers again

STC

You should like it well. Good piece of gear.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

The Murphy-Matic "Friend With A Pencil" has always done okay for me :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

The Murphy-Matic "Friend With A Pencil" has always done okay for me :D

Similar to mine Elton. A bank stick through the hole on the spool, stick it in the ground, thread the rod from tip ring back down to reel, tie on, and wind in. Stop before the spools empty, put on terminal tackle, and your fishing! :thumbs:

P.S. I've not got many friends :(

John

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John