First time out fishing tomorrow......!?

craynerd

I think it unlikely after 4 years though!!!

I dunno, for some reason I can remember this trip I made 33 years ago! :D

post-14528-1236686642_thumb.jpg

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Must have been the Severn in its heyday for barbel worms - Do you have any hair left at all now mate :D

It was the Teme actually! Not many people knew it as a barbel river back then, a well kept secret!

As for the hair, well, yes I still have a full head, it's just not quite as long as that these days :wheelchair:

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

• 6 months later...

Sorry but i know we all start from scratch but you should be better prepared in my opinion for your first outing. The internet has a ton of reading matter on how to fish

The most important thing not mentioned is HOW DO I UNHOOK A FISH using a disgorger and how to handle and return fish safetly

If you are in doubt about depths, what a swim is what bait etc then you need to take more advice and make sure you have 1. your licence ( if older than 12 ) 2. basic water knowledge and precautions 3. basic tackle knowledge,

the what bait will come from trial and error as will fishing over or under depth, most important thing from my memories is make sure you can land and un hook the fish with care.

Alot of shops sell gear and fail to consider what new anglers with little skill and cause damage to healthy fish.

Sorry to get on soap box but it had to be said from someone !

My god i sound like on of those old farts from Maggotdrowners complaining

Edited by Enter Sandman

Sorry but i know we all start from scratch but you should be better prepared in my opinion for your first outing. The internet has a ton of reading matter on how to fish

The most important thing not mentioned is HOW DO I UNHOOK A FISH using a disgorger and how to handle and return fish safetly

If you are in doubt about depths, what a swim is what bait etc then you need to take more advice and make sure you have 1. your licence ( if older than 12 ) 2. basic water knowledge and precautions 3. basic tackle knowledge,

the what bait will come from trial and error as will fishing over or under depth, most important thing from my memories is make sure you can land and un hook the fish with care.

Alot of shops sell gear and fail to consider what new anglers with little skill and cause damage to healthy fish.

Sorry to get on soap box but it had to be said from someone !

My god i sound like on of those old farts from Maggotdrowners complaining

By now he should be quite an expert (if he stuck at it). Did you notice the date of the first post B)

• 1 year later...
He should of told us how he did ? :huh:

DEPENDS WHERE UR FISHING REALLY TO WHAT BAITS TO USE ..

IF YOUR FISHING A CANAL USE PINKIES THERE ALWAYS GOOD TO GET YOU STARTED . BUT I USUALLY TAKE MAGGOT , PINKIE , WORM , BREAD , SWEETCORN..

BUT MAINLY PINKIE BREAD AND MAGGOT FOR CANAL REST I USE IS ON LAKES ..

• 3 months later...

In freezing cold if you are going for fishing its really important for you to start from the depth and put 6 or 7 maggots at a time, i hope with this count of maggots you can catch more than 10 fishes, after that you can put as much maggots as you need. Best of luck. :)