Zander session

Anderoo

Sorry but Ive actually seen a couple of 20lb fish and the weights claimed for some of the above are just ridiculous! 30.11 oh poo nearly mad a tit of muy self there OOOPs! :doh:

Seriously though very few Zeds in Europe are returned they mainly go to the table.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well extremely topical but there is a rumour going around that a 20+ has been taken from a Norfolk venue.reported in the Lynn News! Have to wait and see!

Yep, I heard about this from the aforementioned mate (who denies any further knowledge!). Excellent timing, I expect the fens will be alive with record breaking zander at the weekend, we'll be reeling them in all night :D

In all seriousness I'm very excited about this trip and I think we're in with a good chance of some decent fish. (The fact that every time we fish together we blank consistently is neither here nor there!)

Anyone dare to confirm this rumour? :D

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Yep, I heard about this from the aforementioned mate (who denies any further knowledge!). Excellent timing, I expect the fens will be alive with record breaking zander at the weekend, we'll be reeling them in all night :D

In all seriousness I'm very excited about this trip and I think we're in with a good chance of some decent fish. (The fact that every time we fish together we blank consistently is neither here nor there!)

Anyone dare to confirm this rumour? :D

Best of luck mate.

A good mate of mine (a top zed angler) is having a run of blanks at the mo, but someone else I know has recently had a 15lb+ so you never know. ;)

Dan

Best of luck mate.

A good mate of mine (a top zed angler) is having a run of blanks at the mo, but someone else I know has recently had a 15lb+ so you never know. ;)

Ah, that's what he's telling you... :P

Ta mate, fingers crossed eh!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Don't tell me - no decent zeds out all year, and all the pike are tiny! :headhurt:

Alas, my prediction came true! No zeds (plenty of dropped 'runs' though - most likely real tiddlers) and loads of small pike. The drain was constantly filling up and emptying hard (it wasn't still once in 3 days) which seemed to put them off. The tench and bream were feeding hard though - pole anglers were bagging up. Plus I heard from a baliff about a near-5lb perch that had been caught recently... :o

Still, it was a joy to be in good company cooking sausages under the huge Norfolk sky waiting, waiting for an elusive zander...

Next time, definitely!

Alas, my prediction came true! No zeds (plenty of dropped 'runs' though - most likely real tiddlers) and loads of small pike. The drain was constantly filling up and emptying hard (it wasn't still once in 3 days) which seemed to put them off. The tench and bream were feeding hard though - pole anglers were bagging up. Plus I heard from a baliff about a near-5lb perch that had been caught recently... :o

Still, it was a joy to be in good company cooking sausages under the huge Norfolk sky waiting, waiting for an elusive zander...

Next time, definitely!

Bad luck with the zeds Anderoo, that's fishing for you, but still sounds like you enjoyed yourself. :thumbs: