Digi SLR Sensor Dust

Gillies

After getting sick of using canned air to try and blast out sensor dust, and only gets rid of so much of it ... and using the clone tool in Photoshop or Fireworks to get rid of the specs left on the images ... I finally got up the courage to use a sensor cleaning kit (Note: Canon and Nikon are against you doing this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I used digi-pads with one or two drops of Eclipse Optic Cleaning Fluid - a wipe back and fore on the sensor, and that was it :-) The results were great - a nice clean sensor now, without a trace of dust on images from F1.8 to F22.

I've seen a number of shots posted on here suffering a wee bit from sensor dust around the edges etc, I'm not suggesting anyone try's it (as I dont want to be held to blame if goes wrong on you) but I'm extremely happy with the results I got when I cleaned my two Digi SLRs sensors using the digi-pads and eclipse fluid.

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

Nice to hear that it works for you Gillies, altho' I tend treat my very expensive sensor with extreme care. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Anybody else used one of these kits ? ... And with what results ?? Or do you have another way to clean your sensor ?

If we wish to have a try at one of these kits, where would we get one ?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by MrWiggly

The Older I get .. The better I was.

I seen on a photorgaphy forum a link to a clip of photographer cleaning his sensor one day while out working at an event, and I was amazed at how easy it seamed, and how quick ... although Ive had the cleaning fluid and pads for months now, Ive been to scared to try it. I got it from where I get 99% of my camera gear ... Warehouse Express .... just had to make sure I got the pad to fit the sensor, which they clearly show.

I looked to see if I could find that clip, but I cant ... but did come across this

....... oh, and Im in no way asscoiated with this manufacturer etc blah blah blah :)

Its a nervy thing to do ... but Im more than happy with the results ... I take good care of my sensors, but can easily be switching between 3-4 lenses in one day, so the dust does creep in :(

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

Would I be right in saying that you can't actually get at the sensor, only the screen in front of it?

I read a review a short while ago, and the reviewer said that was the case.

I will try to find the link.................

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I'm with Gillies on using the "wet" method to clean, used that way for many years without problem. I've had no hesitation swabbing my ultra expensive 1Ds sensor this way.

One of the biggest risks is no so much scratching the sensor cover, it's making sure that the shutter doesn't come down whilst the swab is inside the chamber!!!

I'd be interested to hear from the 400D owners to see if their any dust system works well or not?

so the wire brushing my camera has just had wont do the trick them :o

better get the autosol out :rolleyes:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson