Line rating Normark Salmon fly rods.

Dick Dastardly

A bit of an unusual one (for me!) her gents! Got two Normark double handled fly rods coming in. The codes are- CSF 1583 and CSF 1683 anyone know or know where I can find the AFTM rating? tried Googling the codes but no luck.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I'd be tempted to try a10 weight line Budgie. Once you get any distance out any lack of weight will be obvious. I'm guessing that the numbers could be in feet, 15 or 16?

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Budgie,

As well you know those flyrods are not common over here. However if they use similar markings the model is a "C" "SF" is Salmon Fishing and the 15 and 16 are, for us, tip weight. Several tips are available and interchangeable. Do you have any idea what the age or era might be? (Before or after Rapala?).

Phone