Punta cana Sport Fishing Report by Tim Corbett

firstclf

February 11, 2007

Let me begin with a little back ground on our 2007 trip to Bavaro Beach, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. My wife and I were scheduled to be married October 21, 2006 in Cancun Mexico, accompanied by 40 family and friends, when the unthinkable Hurricane Wilma struck land and destroyed the beaches and resorts of Cancun. Our travel agent suggested the alternate destination of Punta Cana, DR, which none in the group had been to. The entire trip was rescheduled for a week later and 38 people still able to attend vactioned to Punta Cana for a wedding and a week of relaxation. The trip was such a success that everyone wanted to return again.

So we did .... 40 people from West Virginia, Florida, and New York, all friends and family returning to Punta Cana in February 2007. Throughout the months leading up to the trip several of the men going discussed a Deep Sea Fishing Trip, but we never had time to make any definate plans.

Two (2) days before our departure I was on Debbie's Dominican Travel Forum, which is a great source of information, and several people had mentioned First Class Fishing in Punta Cana. So I found the First Class Fishing website and sent an information and reservation request stating that I knew it was short notice, but I was seeking information and possibly a reservation for 10 people for a private fishing charter during our 1 week stay. Within 15 minutes, Peter and Claudel called me back and prividing me with information, scheduling times, and costs. They then sent me a confirmation email with deposit information and within a total of 30 minutes we were booked for a 4 Hour Private Charter in the Beautiful waters of Bavaro Beach Punta Cana.

We scheduled a morning fishing trip on the 4th day of our stay, and I was instructed to call Peter and Claudel upon arrival at our resort to confirm pick-up times. The day came and at 8:10 a.m. 10 men walked to the front of our resort and there was our shuttle service, greeting us with a smile and asking us if we were ready to catch some fish. Of course the answer was yes. The 10 minute shuttle ride from our resort ended and we arrive to the fishing port area where several boats were being prepared by hard working staff. The beer, water, and ice we had asked for was loaded into coolers and one by one we were assisted onto the 42 foot fishing vessel and the excitement was in the air. We were told that the same boat the day before had an 18 foot shark circling the boat and the Captain wanted to catch it. As were were intoduced to the Captain and First Mate, who's nickname was "Catch" we could see that they were an experienced crew, eager to make sure that we had a good time. They instructed us that they would begin dropping lines at 2 miles out to sea for top water fish, and then continue trolling until we hit about 5 or 6 miles off shore. As we hit about 2 miles the boat was surrounded by Flying Fish and the thought of realing in a big one was in all of our heads. As we trolled through the waters the crew was very friendly and answered any questions that we had as well as asked a few of their own about the United States. A few of us commented to "Catch" that the Captain must love him because he never stopped working. Whether he was baiting hooks, swabbing the decks, stretching out down riggers, or passing beverages, he was always on the move. We trolled around for awhile and then the crew began to see a few sea birds circling over what they believed to be a school of fish. We began tracking the bird and a nearby boat could be seen realing in a large fish. Then BAMB ..... we had a fish on the line. My uncle Mark Villars jumped into his seat as "Catch" handed him the pole and got him ready for the fight. Within a few minutes a beatiful aqua blue Mahe Mahe could be seen and "Catch" was hooking the fish into the boat, and then into the dry well. As Mark caught his breath and reached for a cold beer, BAMB .... Another hit, and our family friend Jeff jumped into the seat to real in another one. As Jeff was realing a third Mahe Mahe could be seen follwing his catch towards the surface we all thought we would have another catch at the same time. The third fish dove back down into the water and we then focused back on Jeff realing in his fish. Again "Catch" hooked the fish right into the boat and into the well. It calmed down fora minute and then before we knew it it was time to head back to shore. "Catch" began cleaning the fish and picking up lines and working hard as he had done all day as we celebrated. We offered for him to join in for his hard work, and he stated that he would celebrate later that night. We returned to shore with two (2)-- 18/20 pound Mahee Mahee and the trip was well worth it. As we hit the sand, there was Peter and Claudel to greet us an ensure that our trip was a success. And the answer was YES !!!

I would also like to add that there is a great Restaraunt at the Fishing Port called Captain Cooks, which Peter suggested to us for dinner. We brought around 12 or 14 people back there for dinner and Peter was gracious enough to have us picked up by boat at the beach of our resort and door to door service directly to the restaraunt. It was the best meal we had eaten all week .... Thank you Peter !!!

The Staff and Crews at First Class Fishing definately live up to their name and reputation, in experience knowledge, and customer service, friendliness, and just going above and beyond what they have to to ensure that anyone who charters with First Class Fishing at Bavaro Beach Punta Cana will have a great time and return again and again for a great fishing experience.

Thank You First Class Fishing (Peter & Claudel)

Sincerely,

Tim Corbett

West Virginia, United States

http://www.firstclassfishing.com/fishing-reports/

118507.jpg

www.firstclassfishing.com

support@firstclassfishing.com

(809)8670381,(809)8528737

Punta cana Dominican Republic