vacuum cleaner help !

Dog Fish

Our second vacuum cleaner has just packed up, smells like the motors burned out.

Wifey wants any recommendations for a replacement (not a Dyson!) - needs to stand up to pet hairs (2 hairy dogs). Ideally an upright model that is quite powerful - 1800 watts or above. Pet turbo tool also useful to keep wifey busy. Budget up to £150 as they just don't last! :angry::angry:

Cheers lads

Edited by Dog Fish

Our second vacuum cleaner has just packed up, smells like the motors burned out.

Wifey wants any recommendations for a replacement (not a Dyson!) - needs to stand up to pet hairs (2 hairy dogs). Ideally an upright model that is quite powerful - 1800 watts or above. Pet turbo tool also useful to keep wifey busy. Budget up to £150 as they just don't last! :angry::angry:

Cheers lads

Get a Henry!!!!

about £70 They are indistructerble and are the Backbone of the contract Cleaning Industry.

And whats more they work!

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

A few years ago we seemed to through vacuum cleaners like they were going out of fashion. Dyson for all people say about them are pretty much rubbish. It just so happened that when they first came out the competition was even worse. The motors on the two we had burnt out after two years normal use and they are heavy to lug about as well as being bulky and hard to store. Hoovers proved even more unreliable and a pain to empty as did Electrolux. We have now had a Miele vacuum with disposable bags and no fancy gadgets or gimicry for about eighteen months and so far it has been the best by a mile.

One other thing that I have noticed is that the revolving brushes on the likes of the Dyson seem to hammer the dirt into carpets rather than brushing it out as well as using up loads of power from the motor that would be better employed just sucking up the dirt.

Must admit I swear by the Dysons using our second one in about 12 years, have 2 long haired Jack Russells and its simple to empty, we have a henry for the car and its no comparison to the dyson, when the dogs have been in the car we need to use the dyson as the henry cant cope, dont ge me wrong henry is a fantastic wee hoover but I believe the dyson is better when you have pets

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Get one with disposable bags...just think of all the P*ss and sh*t the dogs (& kids) walk in before coming into the house. You vacuum it up and then handle it when emptying the cassette. Any vac will burn out if you don't keep the filters clean.

Check to suction rating, not thewattage of the motor. Often the same motor is used, it is just put under more pressure to increase the wattage. The vacs with the best sealing are probably the Nilfisk G80/90. With pets though you are better going for an upright with a belt driven beater bar. Set the height to just skim the carpets and it should lift the hair cleanly. I got rid of the carpets and laud wood flooring throughout...no problems with pet hair...it just blows around into clumps in the corners...:lol:

IF YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE THE BEST

Don't seek a second opinion.

http://www.anglingireland.info

Fish Paintings

Linocut fishy prints..

Cheers lads

Having had all sorts, the Dearly Beloved would never have a Dyson, and we would only ever buy a Sebo Excellent machines!

go on treat the wife

buy her a proper cleaner

dustpan and stiff brush

and while you are been good to her get her a new washer to boot

dolly tub and posher

putting hard hat on and heading for bunker :P

Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place.

The difference between light and hard is that you can sleep with a light on.

We switched to all wood floors on the new build and have noticed that floors are not only vacumed but mopped on a regular basis as any small stain from kids spilling juice etc shows up more readily. Almost any type of vacum works on a smooth floor, no need for a beater element so there is less to go wrong.

I did think wood floors would be colder but it has been proved not to be the case, I would never go back to carpets and all the fights over what vacum is best. :lol::lol:

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Why not a Dyson. Brenda is registered blind and Guide Dogs recommended the Dyson for dog hairs! We also have three cats and recently bought the dyson pet, which is unreal!! I vacuumed the floor with the old one and the vacuumed with the new one - Half a cylinder of PET HAIR!!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription