Pike Anglers Alliance for Scotland

• 3 months later...

very cliquish lot not to keen on unknown newcomers

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

• 1 month later...
Try us....plus what do you base your assumption on, please?

i spoke to a few pike anglers on the banks of loch lomand asking for more info they said" to look at the website ",

so i did and thought i would ask about membership etc

i emailed your club about 9 month back got no relpy"

two differernt pike anglers on the forth and clyde/ and union cannal , said that unlees you join then you get very little from them"

thats what i based my post on especialy the no reply to an email..

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

i spoke to a few pike anglers on the banks of loch lomand asking for more info they said" to look at the website ",

so i did and thought i would ask about membership etc

i emailed your club about 9 month back got no relpy"

two differernt pike anglers on the forth and clyde/ and union cannal , said that unlees you join then you get very little from them"

thats what i based my post on especialy the no reply to an email..

Thanks for your reply, appreciate it.

I only took over running the website at the end of last year, I'm sure that you will find that if you try again, someone will be in touch with you. The membership secretary is on the ball as well as the rest of the committee. If you try and receive no joy, mail me through the email links on our new revamped website. We do value any new members, as you may know, there is now an embryo Edinburgh branch which meets monthly when possible, contact the Lothians rep on our website.

Bobby

Thanks for your reply, appreciate it.

I only took over running the website at the end of last year, I'm sure that you will find that if you try again, someone will be in touch with you. The membership secretary is on the ball as well as the rest of the committee. If you try and receive no joy, mail me through the email links on our new revamped website. We do value any new members, as you may know, there is now an embryo Edinburgh branch which meets monthly when possible, contact the Lothians rep on our website.

Bobby

will give it a go after the school holidays cant get much fishing done becase the kids want to go here there and everywhere...

cpranim.gif

I was under the same impresson after speaking to anglers in the glasgow angling centre.But you never know untill you try.One thing i have noticed about the pike fraternity is the lack of information they are willing to divulge to newcomers regarding venues it all seems a bit top secret compaired to fly fishers and salmon anglers who will help you out regarding where to fish ect .

• 2 weeks later...
I was under the same impresson after speaking to anglers in the glasgow angling centre.But you never know untill you try.One thing i have noticed about the pike fraternity is the lack of information they are willing to divulge to newcomers regarding venues it all seems a bit top secret compaired to fly fishers and salmon anglers who will help you out regarding where to fish ect .

Willie,

Sorry to have been a bit late to answer your post,

Pike anglers are secretive no matter who they are and where they are situated, I know game anglers who would sell their soul before telling you what fly they use (trust me, I fished in a team where you could find out nothing from the other team members), anglers are generally friendly but swims ? no way.

I joined PAAS in 2002 and was encouraged to join a branch and as I stay just west of Glasgow, I joined Glasgow Branch, I apprehensively went along to my first meeting and I couldn't have met a better bunch of lads.

Go along to our website

www.esoxecosse.com

have a look about and any information you need to know about us, feel free to email any of the contacts if you need any questions answered or mail myself. (its holiday time so no answer try someone else :) )

Bobby