Hello a bit of an oversight

sanctuary

I took the liberty of photoshopping one of your pics Sanctuary..

Your original..

Wigan_Model_Railway_Exhibition_015s.jpg

I adjusted the colour and sharpened..

Wigan.jpg

Den

Den thank you for your worthy photoshop effort, I appreciate what your trying to do, but remember what I the modeller is trying to do, that is to create a life like scene from scratch I know that its an illusion I need to create using all the tricks from material such as plaster for rock and the use of paint and light and a bit of distraction to draw the eye away from the flaws. The same applies to the pictures if you look at the picture before photoshop the rock in the background is softer not as sharp as after the photoshop which do you think looks better for the overhaul effect. IMHO I prefer the before photoshop yes it is slightly out of focus but the background is were it should be the eye is drawn to the foreground scene, in the after photoshop the background is more in your face distracting from the scene.

A better way to photoshop it IMHO is to sectionally adjust the foreground which is what I have done here adjusting the colour and contrast leaving the background to drift from the eye.

enhancedWiganModelRailwayExhibition.jpg

Problem is this is not a very good picture to start with, and I'm no expert on photography or photoshop but I do know when I like something, its then a matter of deciding why I like it what makes it work.

Its what makes a good model railway layout next time your at an exhibition take a look at the layout that has all the crowds round it and compare it to the layout that has few people looking, whats the difference. The same thing applies to Photography what makes a good picture.

Edited by sanctuary

Only trying to help :) I didn't realise from your original post that you were in to photography and PS. Still think the coal should look black :)

Den

Edited by poledark

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Only trying to help :) I didn't realise from your original post that you were in to photography and PS. Still think the coal should look black :)

Den

Sorry Den I did not intend to criticise you in anyway and I'm sorry if I have offended you.

My photography extends to turning the dial on my Sony cyber shot either to photograph or video pointing and pressing the button till it goes click. Photoshop I do use a lot to produce things for the Layout, but despite having a few books on it I still struggle to use it properly. I have picked up a lot of information re painting pictures over the years, again I would class my self as a novice. In my usual clumsy way I ended up offending some one when talking about it.

And your right I like the blacker coal you produced.

Not offended at all :) An intelligent discussion I think.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic