FTAO Snatcher....

Norrie

Thanks Norrie. I'll keep hunting. I'm thinking about bringing up my 140psi jetwash to clean those coffee mugs on Catchalot.

I'm probably going to be putting in a worm order to Joe Reilly. If anybody wants anything, let me know. I think his lug and rag prices are around £18/100 ? Joe also has the bestestest mussel I've ever seen. can't remember how much, but I think it was around £4.50 / 25. Sounds expensive, but a single mussel will entirely cover a 5/0 or 6/0 hook. He also does ammo frozen sandeel, mackeral and launce. He's been out of crab for a long while.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think you might struggle all the B+B s were full months ago the only place I didn't try was the Whitehouse which has a self catering cottage £25pppn 01967 421310 or as has already been said the dive centre 01967 421627....

Thanks Norrie. I'll keep hunting. I'm thinking about bringing up my 140psi jetwash to clean those coffee mugs on Catchalot.

I'm probably going to be putting in a worm order to Joe Reilly. If anybody wants anything, let me know. I think his lug and rag prices are around £18/100 ? Joe also has the bestestest mussel I've ever seen. can't remember how much, but I think it was around £4.50 / 25. Sounds expensive, but a single mussel will entirely cover a 5/0 or 6/0 hook. He also does ammo frozen sandeel, mackeral and launce. He's been out of crab for a long while.

Whats up with the mugs like ?? :rolleyes: Who may I ask is Joe Reilly ??? I already have my bait sorted Gordon, but thanks for asking,...got "Local" picked Mussel, sooperb ones too...picked by Davy and myself...shelled by me . :thumbs: I had blisters on my blisters.... :blink:

I'm off to collect the boat soon....I'm now SERIOUSLY looking forward to next weekends trip to Etive and LA . Also, servicing my new Aux engine today :)..hope I dont need it..:):)

Just a wee poste scripte, 2nd pull the engine fired up and runs like a good 'un.... :clap2: :clap2:

Edited by Norrie

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Just a wee poste scripte, 2nd pull the engine fired up and runs like a good 'un....

Have electric starters not arrived that far North yet Norrie. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

hi TB, welcome to an , good to see you hear , you might struggle for accomodation , but me an another couple will be up with the bivvy,s if need be we can get a wee peace camp set up at the barbecue area !!

aye joe,s mussel are outstanding aint they , best i,ve used , might not be too much call for a lot of worm up there at this time of year but better to have it than not !!

if you cant get accomodation organised for the middle of the week , i,ll phone ian he might have a bed for sat night !!

Edited by theguyfulla

Just a wee poste scripte, 2nd pull the engine fired up and runs like a good 'un....

Have electric starters not arrived that far North yet Norrie. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Paul, The 4hp aint got a starter motor mate !!!! but the 50hp has :):)

Joe reilly is the proprietor of "World of worms" in Renfrew. He used to dig for Danny's Den in Yoker and moved out himself a couple of years ago.

Cheers Gordon...still none the wiser...World of Worms.??? Never heard of it !! :blink:

Shhhh, But i'm also hearing strange stories about a certain Luce Bay charter boat skipper, who, on smelling coffee wafting across the Sound has just tied up alongside the Catchalot....remember , you never heard it from me... ;) ;) ;)

Edited by Norrie

Theocritis..

The only thing he'll be smelling from catchalot's coffee mugs will be penicllin!

Careful Gordon. Don`t upset Lindy and her catering arrangements. :headhurt:

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

The only thing he'll be smelling from catchalot's coffee mugs will be penicllin!

I have to admit Gordon, that since I got my own boat, I dont fish too often aboard Catchalot, and unless Linda is there, you can see that standards have dropped somewhat !!!! :rolleyes: You just cant get the staff nowadays !!!! Must be Nicks fault yet again..... :D :D

I did hear that some pics of this weekends adventure will be in the offing tonight.... :D;):D

Snatcher...BTW, I almost forgot mate...re the bait again...this is just one Common bait !!!! :blink: :blink:

post-1889-1174842893_thumb.jpg

Edited by Norrie

Theocritis..