cars with space

Andy_1984

friend of mines has buggered off down to england for who knows how long so ive got the task of getting my estate to the garage, the only thing i needed him for was the tow but to be honest i cant be arsed with it now if hes gonna be gone for months. as ive only spent £60 on the car so far im thinking of getting a car from a dealership. all the estates they have in most dealerships are tatty old looking things but another car did catch my eye "Vauxhall vectra 1.8 LS"

click here for Ad

would need to be a diesel as im sure petrol would be very expensive to run

whats your views on cars that are ideal for fishing, "Boot space, length for rod bags and such"

personaly i think thats a bargain of a car for £695 but insurance will be higher as its a 1800cc

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

I've never had any trouble with ordinary sized hatchbacks with folding rear seats. I had a three door Peugeot 306 and a three door Honda Civic before and they were fine. Current car is an RX8 which has a ski flap in the rear seats that a rod bag will go through. That was an essential selling point, and the lack of tackle space and through loading ruled out the 350Z.

If it's mainly for fishing, then why not a small diesel van? Not a 'pulling' machine for a single bloke, but plenty of room if you do. :rolleyes:

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Guest Ferret1959
If it's mainly for fishing, then why not a small diesel van? Not a 'pulling' machine for a single bloke, but plenty of room if you do. :rolleyes:

John.

Plus a van doesn't leave stuff on show.;)

I have a Mazda 6 TS2 not bad at all but the family got 'annoyed' a couple of years ago when my bait bucket fell over in the back. The only thing that removed the smell of rotting squid was about 2 years of time, must be similar to radiation. :black_eye:

I bought a Bedford Rascal van off a mate for £50 been using it for 3 years now. No problems with gear or bait! :fishing:

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

I have the Vectra 1.9 CDTI diesel hatchback.

Tank will take £55 to fill up get approx 630 miles to the tank full, but i do do alot of motorway driving.

Also the diesel is heavy on engine oil. Approx 1ltr every 2 months, I do around 2000miles a month.

Also for fishing i do have to move passenger front seat forward to get rod holdall in.

Hope this helps.

If you can lie on the floor without holding on, then you’re not drunk.

I Can Only Please One Person A Day, Today Isn't Your Day, Tomorrow Isn't Looking Good Either.

my 306 diesel 3door has just done some amazing dump runs.

after folding the rear seats you get a good amount of room` and i had people thinking i had a tardis for a car, as i spent 5mins just getting general rubbish bits out `then i pulled out a fridge feezer and most of a double bed(oak wood ones)

next trip had more rubbish/garden etc and an old washing machine:)

but for room `id go volvo estate anyday, plus you get a comfy drive and if its diesel its more of a bonus:)

plus protection is second to none.

i wasnt keen on the 306 but ive been converted(very nippy when needed and price per mile because its a diesel is great)

Edited by billy50000

sod everyone else,do it anyway:)

sod duck season lets have tvla season!

capita beware(thiefs with badges)

e7b81d_666666.gif

anphotologo.jpg

John.

mainly for fishing, taking my nephew to school, taking him away for the weekend, helping mother with the messages from asda, so its gotta be a 5 door car, if i had my way id get a van but then i remember what its like sitting in the back of a van for 1 and a half hours to stirling under a pile of rod bags and rucksacks with a doberman sitting next to me all whilst feeling travel sick

i couldnt subject anyone to that

Hiya,

I could have helped you out getting it to a garage.. got access to a trailer and a 4x4 to pull it and i aint that far away.

great offer i might take you up on that davy if things dont go as planned. im in love with my astra estate but well ya know things change. been getting doubts over it since the engine change wasnt in the log book and the battery just suddenly stoped charging, although i know people have had some big troubles buying old cars that need some TLC i think ill get out of it ok, whats £60 when i coulda got same car for £500 with the same problems. defo just gonna go dealership and not private