club licence

dapper64

I was lucky, as I only live a few minutes from the lake, so I rang the boss on the mobile, told her where it was and she brought it down with a fresh cup of coffee !! Some of us have all the luck :lol::lol::D

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

MY LOCAL-ive sometimes gone for a single night fishing and forgot it but i usually go down late afternoon and go by 9 in morning but the baillif never usually comes sown till 12. but sometimes he comes down early on some longer sessions and shakes tent to wake you up(stupid arse). and turns round and says i should wright me name in bold on me bivvy so he knows its me (thats right imgonna wright my name on my £200 bivvy)

ive also left it when i go stalking (with just a rod and hooks, so forget to get it out of shed) but hes never asked for it. i think he only asks for it when i first go in the new season and never asks again.

yet i got to other pools on my club card an they come down every 3 hours and ask for it each time i go. i think that if you forget it you have to pay for a day ticket.

Edited by rooney888
84854438.png

Never been in that position, but I have been asked on numerous occasions for my ticket which is good. One thing I don't like is when people poach waters - I buy a ticket why should someone else freeload?

So when I see people getting evicted I don't feel sorry for them. I was once on a BAA stretch and after the bailiff did his walk, I was the only one left - 8 others were aked to leave!

Check out my weekly Angling Journal at.....Stewart Bloor's Angling Journal

Has anybody ever genuinly left their club licence at home then been asked for it on the bank?what happened?

Yes, but it's along time ago.

I'd got a new angling jacket, and forgot to, swap everything over. (this included a full hook wallet, as well as my association membership book :wallbash: ). The bailiff asked the usual, name, address, what club I was affiliated through etc. Then gave me 7 days to produce my yearbook at the headquarters. I went down and took it to the sec' office, he looked at it and that was it, apart from a bit of p**s taking from some of the lads in the club at the time.

John

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

but sometimes he comes down early on some longer sessions and shakes tent to wake you up(stupid arse)

thats not nice and its his job to annoy you ,if any old tom dick and harry fished there without a permit and pretended to be asleep in their bivvy to avoid getting caught you would be the first to complain :rolleyes:.

as a bailiff if i know the person then i overlook it ,but if i dont i ask them to leave,strictly speaking no permit no fish but thats for power mad types with few freinds.

most anglers are regulars at my pitch so i know them ,i always ask for number because i cannot remember them but if they forget their permit thats human ,we have to fill a form in to list the anglers so it can go on a database so its not a matter of wandering past nodding and exchanging pleasentaries,if i dont know them though they go ! and i go back an hour or so later to make sure!

its pointless asking for names and addresses without that permit they could be anyone ,i take their car reg number though if i spot them loading up for future reference

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I am known at my local club waters. Although I have to travel some 15-20 miles to the waters, I have seen the bailiffs coming down to the water. When I asked if they want to see my club permit, I was told "We don't ask the members we know as they get upset!" Fair play they KNEW I was a member!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription